+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would not be proud to say my daughter was one of the topless waitresses. Not good for anyone, really. I wouldn't appreciate someone shoving this in front of my husband's face, either. Just stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Topless waitresses in take-away shop

How awful for the many trades who DON'T want to perve at boobs when picking up lunch and for their wives too.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-09-2012),BornToBe  (14-09-2012),Busy-Bee  (14-09-2012),MissMuppet  (14-09-2012),SassyMummy  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't think it's a case of woman being objects. I think the thread explains it perfectly. Woman are just not that interested in seeing naked guys. whereas men do want to see naked woman. I'm generalizing but my point is there is a market for naked woman and not so much for men. If more woman got excited about naked men and wanted to ogle them then perhaps we would see more of it because the demand would be there.
    I do agree that there needs to be someway to monitor who is coming into the shop so that young children aren't exposed nor anyone else who finds it distasteful. Be interested to know how they are going ti manage that.
    I will probably get shot down for this BUT I actually feel we are far too up tight when it comes to sexuality. What's so bad about getting an eye full of a beautiful body? there are too many should and shouldn'ts when it comes to the topic of sex/nudity/sex industry etc . live and let live. If seeing a pair of boobs whilst you order your lunch puts you in a good mood for the day then go for it. and if going to work and having people check out your body makes you feel powerful and sexy then that's great for them too.
    (ducking for cover now).

Thanks
    Reviews

Tacky tacky tacky

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MsOptimistic For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    How awful for the many trades who DON'T want to perve at boobs when picking up lunch and for their wives too.
    I agree! My husband would be very vey hungry... Lucky no ones forcing anyone to go and I'm sure there are other lunch options around.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Niki24  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Then they can go to a different takeaway. Or phone order and ask for someone to bring it outside to them which I'm sure the takeaway would be fine with as they are still getting the business. I'm sorry but that comment is like saying but what about men who just want to watch athletic abilities at a strip club but don't want the nudity. Well go to a gymnastics event instead.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jez For This Useful Post:

mrsdj1234  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    I don't think it's a case of woman being objects. I think the thread explains it perfectly. Woman are just not that interested in seeing naked guys. whereas men do want to see naked woman. I'm generalizing but my point is there is a market for naked woman and not so much for men. If more woman got excited about naked men and wanted to ogle them then perhaps we would see more of it because the demand would be there.
    I do agree that there needs to be someway to monitor who is coming into the shop so that young children aren't exposed nor anyone else who finds it distasteful. Be interested to know how they are going ti manage that.
    I will probably get shot down for this BUT I actually feel we are far too up tight when it comes to sexuality. What's so bad about getting an eye full of a beautiful body? there are too many should and shouldn'ts when it comes to the topic of sex/nudity/sex industry etc . live and let live. If seeing a pair of boobs whilst you order your lunch puts you in a good mood for the day then go for it. and if going to work and having people check out your body makes you feel powerful and sexy then that's great for them too.
    (ducking for cover now).
    I think people are a bit too caught up about how its bad to sexualise women, but its okay to sexualise men.

I work in a restaurant that overlooks the beach, and everyday get female customers of all ages who ask for a seat by the window so they can 'have a bit of a look at those yummy lifeguards down there'. This is seen as okay and quite amusing, but if a male customer was to ask for the same seat so he could 'have a look at those pretty girls in bikinis' it would be seen as gross and pervy.

Same as when the Olympics were on, there was a many a comment about just how good the swimming and rowing was because of all the fit men in speedos. Any bloke making those same comments about say the girls playing beach volleyball in bikinis would again be treated as disgust.

Popular fundraisers in this country include the traditional fireman's calendar and Ladies Day's with topless waiters for a bit of eye candy and fun. If Nana has the firemans calendar in the the living room this is treated a lot differently to Grandpa having the Sports Illustrated swimsuit calendar in his shed.

I'm not saying I agree with the over-sexualisation of women, but noone seems to have a problem with Michael Phelps in a bath advertising cologne....
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 14-09-2012 at 12:20.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't say I am uptight about it, I just don't agree with it. It is tacky. And it does objectify people. I am glad there are some women out there that don't meind being though of an object and nothing more. Great for them.

But there are many hundreds of thousands of women all over the world that don't like it, don't like the industry and are in it all the same. And that includes over here. And until it stops - then the industry is tainted.

Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    (ducking for cover now).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's all well and good to say, "he can just go elsewhere," but if all your coworkers are going there, it's unlikely you're gonna want to be the one that goes, "you know what guys? I find this really inappropriate."

DP likes a perve as much as the next guy, but he's not really a fan of blatant nudity thrust in his face, and yet he attends work functions that are full of nude women just because it'd be pretty bad for him if he didn't. It sucks.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don;t really think anyone should be objectified, wouldn't it be amazing if say actors were appreciated for their acting abilities and not their bodies. Of course, that is not the case. Which is probably why I can count on one hand the number of truly brilliant actors/actresses who have made it. Most are crap and just look good. That in itself drives me insane = but that is another thread

17. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (14-09-2012)