+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Topless waiters then...? Are they around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is how I feel about it too, it is also how I feel about anyone half naked serving lunch man or woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    Omg I think I would rather eat a bucket of maggots than be served lunch by a man with his bits swinging around in all their glory That doesn't happen because said bits are nothing to look at really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think so borntobe, but don't worry, it isn't because society objectifies women, it is only because people don't find penises aesthetically pleasing

QUOTE=BornToBe;6832063]Topless waiters then...? Are they around?[/QUOTE]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Topless waitresses in take-away shop

Why is everyone saying men aren't seen as objects sexually? It's bull! I've seen numerous 'mum' pages on Facebook putting up 'late night yummy' pics of scantily clad guys (granted most are celebs of one kind or another). How is that not objectifying men?

I don't think it's appropriate to have this in a take away right across from a school (would be better suited to one in an industrial area) unless the shop plans on having a bouncer out the front checking id before they enter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totes! Nobody finds men attractive... ever... that's why they keep their clothes on at work...

... pfffffffffffffft!

It's a nasty double standard that perpetuates women as second class citizens. Really, it is. Whether the woman is question likes the job or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post
    Why is everyone saying men aren't seen as objects sexually? It's bull! I've seen numerous 'mum' pages on Facebook putting up 'late night yummy' pics of scantily clad guys (granted most are celebs of one kind or another). How is that not objectifying men?
    Yeah I have to say, I think the worm is slowly turning. Maybe one day when it is socially acceptable/profitable/women run more businesses/whatever there will be topless men serving us lunch or walking around the gold coast, topping up parking meters in budgie smugglers. Exploit everybody equally ('coz it'll never be not at all), that's my motto!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

beebs  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Topless waiters then...? Are they around?
    I have been to many a 'Ladies Day' as fundraisers for regional/university football teams. They're brilliant - dress up with the girls, free flowing champagne, the 20-something rugby team serving the champagne and food shirtless (with a cute bow tie) and more a$$ grabbing of said waiters then you'd ever get away with in a gentleman's club. The guys absolutely love it, massive ego boost for them and lots of money raised for the rugby club hehe.

Why is everyone saying men aren't seen as objects sexually?
    Two words.

Magic Mike.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 14-09-2012 at 11:52.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    See that really makes me feel "eww". Grabbing some strange bloke's butt. Maybe I'm a prude!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Topless waitresses in take-away shop

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Totes! Nobody finds men attractive... ever... that's why they keep their clothes on at work...

... pfffffffffffffft!

It's a nasty double standard that perpetuates women as second class citizens. Really, it is. Whether the woman is question likes the job or not.
    What about the male stripper industry? That's not funded on thin air... I personally would have little problem with being served lunch by a scantily clad guy, I find the male body very attractive, I just don't think their bits should be out on full display. I don't think it's particularly tasteful in a cafe at midday right across from a school, there is a time and place for everything.

But I'm also aware that this kind of stuff had happened since time began, and will continue to happen, whether or not I like it. For both sexes. Long before anyone coined the term "objectification". *shrugs*

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh just had another thought.....

Annual Fireman's Calendar anyone!!! (Or does it not count when its a fundraiser....)

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (14-09-2012),mrsdj1234  (14-09-2012),trishalishous  (15-09-2012)