+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    For people who talk about "it's their choice", that may be so but choices are not made in a vacuum. I want to live in society that is respectful of both genders, where men are not assumed to all be hetrosexual neanderthals and pretty women's best commodities are not assumed to be tits. I want to live in a society that doesn't objectify woman bodies to the point of insanity (and men's bodies hot on the tail of similarly being objectified). Situations like this just reinforce such stereotypes thus taking away MY choice and the choice I want for my children and quite frankly, civilized society.
    Works both ways. Your choice isnt someone elses....and their choice might not be yours. We will NEVER be able to live in perfect harmony and perpetual peace because we will NEVER be able to give everything what they want. You have the right to make a choice that you want in your life and others have the right to make choices for what they want in their life.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    For people who talk about "it's their choice", that may be so but choices are not made in a vacuum. I want to live in society that is respectful of both genders, where men are not assumed to all be hetrosexual neanderthals and pretty women's best commodities are not assumed to be tits. I want to live in a society that doesn't objectify woman bodies to the point of insanity (and men's bodies hot on the tail of similarly being objectified). Situations like this just reinforce such stereotypes thus taking away MY choice and the choice I want for my children and quite frankly, civilized society.
    Your points are the reasons why I dislike this sort of thing. I find it dehumanises woman to a pair of boobs and categories men are brainless creatures that are obsessed with sex.

BUT... part of the way I see the world is I can't control others. Just as I choose to run a million miles from a low brow place like that, it's others choice to go there. I may disagree with that choice and the effect it has on society, but without choice what kind of life is it? Where is the line drawn? If we remove choice on everything we no longer live in a democracy but a dictatorship. Furthermore how do we define when people can't choose? Should a mother not be able to choose formula? should a man be not allowed to choose to stay at home? It's a slippery slope

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Your points are the reasons why I dislike this sort of thing. I find it dehumanises woman to a pair of boobs and categories men are brainless creatures that are obsessed with sex.

BUT... part of the way I see the world is I can't control others. Just as I choose to run a million miles from a low brow place like that, it's others choice to go there. I may disagree with that choice and the effect it has on society, but without choice what kind of life is it? Where is the line drawn? If we remove choice on everything we no longer live in a democracy but a dictatorship. Furthermore how do we define when people can't choose? Should a mother not be able to choose formula? should a man be not allowed to choose to stay at home? It's a slippery slope
    I agree that we can't control others and I'm not suggesting we start making BAN THE BOOBS placards just yet However, I do believe that people's actions have consequences. We do not live in vacuums, personal actions are more often than not political statements, whether they like it or not. For example, if a person drives courteously on the road they are demonstrating respect for the law and other people. If a person deliberately drives dangerously they are demonstrating that they do not respect the law and have little regard for the safety and comfort of other drivers and the obvious fact that they are an idiot.

To the owner of the take away I would ask him how s/he would feel if it were his/her daughters, sisters, mothers who were the topless waitresses with the tits out for the blokes. I would question how this marketing strategy fits with his/her moral compass. I would ask how s/he arrived at topless waitresses as a marketing strategy.

To the women that are being employed as topless waitresses, I'm not sure what I would ask to be honest.

To the blokes that wish to patronage the establishment, I would ask them how do they feel that someone has assumed they are all neanderthal half-wits? I would then ask how they would feel if it were there daughter, sister, mother, girlfriend, wife working there and remind them that each of those woman are someone's daughter. I would ask them how then feel about supporting the objectification of women and the polarizing of women's roles* because that's what they are doing (the waitresses may well be thrilled by the idea of earning extra money and have no qualms about being topless but they too are still contributing to the objectification of women's bodies). There's probably a few other choice words I'd say but that would be a start...

*women are either virtuous or whores, ye olde double standard.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Topless waitresses in take-away shop

Sexualing breasts starts in the bedroom.

To every person that is saying that we shouldn't be sexualising breasts, do you let your dp/df/dh touch your breasts when you're having sex? I'll be utterly shocked if anyone can genuinely answer no!

Why can't breasts be sexual as well as for feeding? Is it really that much of an issue that these adults are CHOOSING to show their breasts? Is it really that much of an issue that these adult customers are CHOOSING to be served by topless waitresses?

Are YOU being forced to witness this? I highly doubt it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    I agree that we can't control others and I'm not suggesting we start making BAN THE BOOBS placards just yet However, I do believe that people's actions have consequences. We do not live in vacuums, personal actions are more often than not political statements, whether they like it or not. For example, if a person drives courteously on the road they are demonstrating respect for the law and other people. If a person deliberately drives dangerously they are demonstrating that they do not respect the law and have little regard for the safety and comfort of other drivers and the obvious fact that they are an idiot.

To the owner of the take away I would ask him how s/he would feel if it were his/her daughters, sisters, mothers who were the topless waitresses with the tits out for the blokes. I would question how this marketing strategy fits with his/her moral compass. I would ask how s/he arrived at topless waitresses as a marketing strategy.

To the women that are being employed as topless waitresses, I'm not sure what I would ask to be honest.

To the blokes that wish to patronage the establishment, I would ask them how do they feel that someone has assumed they are all neanderthal half-wits? I would then ask how they would feel if it were there daughter, sister, mother, girlfriend, wife working there and remind them that each of those woman are someone's daughter. I would ask them how then feel about supporting the objectification of women and the polarizing of women's roles* because that's what they are doing (the waitresses may well be thrilled by the idea of earning extra money and have no qualms about being topless but they too are still contributing to the objectification of women's bodies). There's probably a few other choice words I'd say but that would be a start...

*women are either virtuous or whores, ye olde double standard.
    Yep I agree with everything you said I don't agree with the topless pie shop, for all the reasons you give and acknowledge there is a bigger impact societally than just a few guys gawking while having their sausage roll. It upsets me to think my bright, wonderful daughter could be one of those girls effectively selling their bodies.

But I guess my stance on this is the same as the sex industry. People choose to consume it and however sad it is to me, it's their choice to make.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaHan View Post

To every person that is saying that we shouldn't be sexualising breasts, do you let your dp/df/dh touch your breasts when you're having sex? I'll be utterly shocked if anyone can genuinely answer no!

Why can't breasts be sexual as well as for feeding? Is it really that much of an issue that these adults are CHOOSING to show their breasts? Is it really that much of an issue that these adult customers are CHOOSING to be served by topless waitresses?

Are YOU being forced to witness this? I highly doubt it!
    While I do agree about it being free choice, one that I support however unsavory I find it. I believe others are trying to say the rabbit hole goes a lot deeper. That this sort of thing has more reaching effects that just a dude copping a look over his lunch. That this sort of thing commodifies women, that these men *can* raise boys that don't respect women and daughters that are taught there are there just to please their partners.

So I can see both sides of the argument....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (15-09-2012),MissMuppet  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Topless waitresses in take-away shop

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Is it the nipple people have a problem with? I don‘t get it.

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub
    For me I don't like looking at nude women or men. I'm not into strip clubs etc. and its certainly not what I would want to see while eating. But I'm sure there is a market for it

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Meh Its her body she can do what she wants with it, and there his eyes he can look at what he wants with them as long as the person he islooking at it consenting and over the age of 18 then i have no issue with it at all.

A women ( or man for that matter) should be free to choose what she wants to do with her body as it is just that her body, i dont by into the thing of it disrespects other women because I dont see how that should make another women choose what another does. I have never heard a stripper tell another women they must take there kit of for money if theydid it would be wrong, but i hear all the time women who dont telling strippers they shouldnt or saying to others strippers shouldnt, there body there choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Topless waitresses in take-away shop

Quote Originally Posted by MummaHan View Post

Prepare to be shocked!

No. I can't stand it. Not that I'm laying in bed thinking "don't objectify me with your hands" it's more ick and bat his and or elbow him or roll away. Can't stand having my breasts touched in a sexual way.

Though I don't think breasts can't be sexual. And that's all good for whoever else. Not my boobs not my concerned if it's good for someone else!

Still think this idea is incredibly tacky.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Topless waitresses in take-away shop

Just got DH opinion. He said it was a good business idea, every guy he knows be it tradie or businessman would drive 20 mins just to get lunch from a topless lunch bar (didn't say if he would or wouldn't but hey he's a guy hello how many out there wouldn't?? I would prob look myself, I'm fascinated by boobs - not in the sexual way of course but I like looking at them??)

Each to their own, if a woman choses to do things like this do be it. If DH happens to see a topless chick (bucks party ect), also fine, as long as there is no touching or no cracking on to from either person.
    I don't mind ogling topless men, heck bring on a topless dr Patrick Reid (offspring) any day. *drool*

What does get to me a little are the chicks that do fruit and veg shows or lesbian shows at bucks party. That shizzle goes way to far than a normal stripper or dancer for my liking!! Eiw.