+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Normally single parenthood doesn't bother me except....

At Birthdays. Friends just don't have the same committment to attend birthdays as what family do. Family make sure they attend other families birthdays. Even those 'surrogate Nans' put their own family before their 'surrogate grandson'.

Thanks
    Reviews

I to am the same my child just turned 6 and threw a party with catering entertainers activities to which they were stoked 3 freinds of 40 turned up my father was late n no pressie n mil arrived on time n brought a cake n ninblies to help dc had a blast but i was so upset n to top it off she asked if she could have daddy there to help cut the cake so she could touch the bottom weve revently seppersted due to " horrible" experiances for me and her it made her day very hard for me. ;.-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    *hugs*

I don't think it's just a single parent thing, but a "no family around" or "lousy family," thing too.

My daughter doesn't have her father in her life (his choice - he abandoned her when she was 3.5), so he never attends. His family either live the other side of Australia or overseas, so they don't attend either, naturally. My mother will always attend. My father will SOMETIMES attend. DP's family are determined to make sure that neither myself nor DD are ever seen as "part of the family," so they will never do anything for her birthday.

So really, it's pretty much me, DP and my mother for my 7-year-old. It sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Why does the types of adversities happen to good people would u now how to pm n to whome i can talk to about issues with courts ect

Thanks
    Reviews

Nice pic simple mum lol greatness going hand in hand :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you ever look at friends (say on FB) with their wedding photos or family pics and think "one day, that'll be me". Having one of those moments/days atm.

12 kids from school were invited to DS birthday party. 3 are coming. 3 are not and 6 haven't rsvp'd. Why do I feel like this would be different if I were one of the Mum's outside his classroom every morning and afternoon. Sometimes I feel like I've let DS down. Again, one of "those days/moments".

Sass- do you live in WA?

MG- I've never been through the court system, I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help in that area.