+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Babies with colds :(

Hi all!!
    My son has been awake ALL night with a blocked nose, slight cough etc. There has been a bit of croup going round and also conjunctivitis, so I'm keeping a close eye on him.

Other than Panadol, fluids, baby eucky rub, steam treatment and using those boogie sucking thingies (lol sorry can't think of the name) are there any 'miracle treatments' for babies with colds? Please share!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We have This all week too, im doing all of what you said. I use a vaporiser with some vicks in it and it does help with clearing the nose, also i use a cotton tip to get the hard crusty buggers from the outside of the nose its hard to see the poor little ones in so much discomfort. Good luck i hope he is better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews

You can buy normal saline from the chemist and put a few drops in each nose, this moistens the hard snot and makes it easier to breath and suck out with the suction thing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Babies with colds :(

May i ask what brand of booger sucker you have?
    I have brought a few a few and found the useless except for the safety first one from target.

How old's bubs?

Ds had constant colds from 2 weeks ib

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

He's 8 months old, he has had about 4 colds this year. I've got a safety first one and a fess one! I also bought a vaporiser so we'll see how that goes. Thanks for your reply!

Thanks
    Reviews

There's a Bauer's natural product called Runny Nose relief that I use with good results. You can purchase from most chemists...

Hope your little one is well soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your going for something natural i would recommend a naturopath that will help with his immune system (clearly its always down thats why he is constantly sick). For the blocked nose i would suggest seeing a Chiropractor or Physiotherapist that can release the sinuses etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep - I use this to clear my DS nose. For a couple of weeks he had the most wicked mucous constantly running. We used the baby vac to clear his nose - he can breathe, sleep better and he must feel less congested.

We also use the saline drops in his nose and have found this also works really well.

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/baby-vac-nasal-aspirator.html