+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: How heavy is/was your toddler at 19 months?

The plus side? My son STILL fits the shirts he started kindy in last January and his size 1&2 shorts still fit :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2.5 yo still hasn't reached 11 kg. My 4 yo is 14 kg. They are both short though, so don't look too skinny. Both fussy eaters, but very active.

Clothes last for so long, it is great! We wear them out, not outgrow!

My view is, there are percentiles for a reason - some kids will fall at the lower end and some will fall at the upper end. So someone has to be at the lower end!

If they are generally happy, active, and seem to thrive on eating nothing but rice (my 2 yo, sigh), then I wouldn't stress too much (easier said than done).

But if you have any concerns you should always check them out, just to ease your mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How heavy is/was your toddler at 19 months?

DS is in the 3rd percentile at the moment. He hasn't lost weight since the 12 month check up, he was 9.2kg then and now at 19 months hes 10kg. His percentile has decreased though. He was measuring tall last check up, but this time he's average about 80cm. The nurse said that he's at 95 percentile for his head measurement.
    I am quite small, that's what I have been told. But DH is tall and big. DS never had any reflux problems or major health issues.
    DS has a bowl of cereal for breakfast with pancakes, or peanut butter toast and cheese it sometimes cereal with bacon and egg, savory pancakes with tomatoes and mushrooms.
    Morning tea he has biscuits fruits or yorgurt, lunch sometimes left over dinner and soup or noodles or rice, chicken nuggets fish cakes etc, afternoon tea, fruits or biscuits and smoothies, dinner I try to give him what we eat but a lit of the times he wont have much and would just have some fruits and go to bed.
    He drinks a lot of water through out the day and he was breastfed.
    I really dont know what else I can do to make him eat more healthy and gain more weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mine was about 16kg but she was bigger than average.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How heavy is/was your toddler at 19 months?

10kgs at 18 months. She's not a big eater either

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant remember what he was at 19 months, at 12months he wasnt yet 10kgs.

At 25 months hes about 11kgs, and still fits a pair of 000 k-mart shorts. Size 1 shorts fit him (depending on the brand) and Szie 2 fall straight off! lol. I get good use out of all his clothes!

We (GP, MHN, Dh or I) have any concerns though, he eats like a little pig (seriously he should be the size of a sumo!), is growing well, is happy and healthy. I am slim, and DH whlst bigger built as an adult was a rake of a kid!

Thanks
    Reviews

God I wish sometimes I had a small kid! My DS is in his 4th shoe size this year. He's wearing size 5 and not even 3 yet. No clothes last long as he's growing so fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

At 23 mths dd1 was 12 kg. And still wearing clothes ESP pants from last year.

She was 10kg at 18mths.

Great eater just bloody active.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey that's a totally normal weight range dont stress!
    DD turned 19mths last week and weighed in at 9.8 kgs which puts her on the 10th percentile. She's 78cm tall (50th percentile, so average height) all in all she's small but well proportioned
    Im not worried because she's a wonderful eater. She's always been in the 5-10th percentiles. She was born a healthy 7lb 6oz.
    Im small, DH isnt big.
    This is her typical day of eating to give you an idea/reassurance:
    8am - sippy cup of milk (200mls)
    Breakky - 2 weetbix/oates/rice bubbles with milk
    morning tea - fresh fruit which is usually mashed banana (yes she still prefers it mased lol) and grapes/mandarin/grapefruit/orange
    Lunch - pasta/sandwich/cous cous/steamed dim sims or any leftovers i have.
    Arvo tea - Yoghurt, cheese and a rusk/bickie/saltanas/dried apricot
    Dinner - usually meat and vege or what ever we had the previous night with fruit (two fruits in a can!) and custard for desert
    Just before bed - sippy cup of milk but usually wont finish the whole 200mls sometimes only has a sip. I think we are starting to drop that atm.

She's not a gutsy bub and wont always finish everything i give her and i never force her to. She's content, healthy and developing fantastic - meeting all her milestones. Im so over stressing about those stupid numbers on those stupid scales...for us they mean nothing!!!!!
    Last edited by Hunkamunka; 14-09-2012 at 14:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 21 months and 10kg. She has always been on the slighter side, but I am not worried, it is just how she is built. Someone has to be on the lower end of he charts! Honestly, I wouldn't stress - it sounds like your ds is doing fine, and it looks from what you listed that he eats really well. I wouldn't be concerned with making him put on weight, as long as he is content and eating fairly well, it is probably just how he is meant to be, especially if you are smaller, he may just have your build. is he meeting his milestones? If so, dont worry, he sounds perfectly healthy!