+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I (over) cater for everyone, but don't expected to be catered for (especially if the party is held at a venue, rather than a child's house)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you expect food & drinks to be supplied to the parents at a kids party?

I would expect there would be at least something small for the adults. If it is my child's party I cater for everyone who will be there, parent or child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do you expect food & drinks to be supplied to the parents at a kids party?

I don't expect it when going to a party. but I always cater for everyone, I'd feel rude not

Thanks
    Reviews
    I expect food to either be provided or available.

If at someone's house, yeah, I expect to be able to have a coffee and a nibble of something (usually, stuff is out and we all help ourselves, I don't expect to be "waited on" as the host normally busy.

If out somewhere, I would expect to at least be able to purchase something (but, all but one party I have been to, a drink/snack provided by the host). A few we have been to have been in remote locations with no "shop" so I would be a bit put out if there was nothing at all for parents!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Do you expect food & drinks to be supplied to the parents at a kids party?

I kinda do yeah.... maybe not a whole extra table of fancy pants "adult" snacks. But like enough party pies & sausage rolls (or whatever the kids are having) that adults can pick and munch too.

But even if it was at lunch time I wouldn't expect a full sit down meal just something to eat. Drinks not so much - like point me in the direction of cups and a tap I'm good.

*edit* expect as in anticipate/think that's what's going to happen, not expect like id have a tanty if there was no food... also I'd almost always bring a plate of food to share cos it's the done thing so if that's all the food I'd just eat what I brought. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 14-09-2012 at 07:34.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you expect food & drinks to be supplied to the parents at a kids party?

No I don't expect it, but I always supply at my son's parties...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't expect anything. But I do assume there will be some food provided for all guests (adults&children). That's just going from personal experience. I have never attended a party where there wasn't any food available for adults aswell. I wouldn't get shirty if there wasn't though.

We always provide for all guests attending our events.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I think that if you invite a child where the parents are to stay it would be expected to have something small for parents to eat.
    I always have food and drinks for EVERYONE at a party

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

No dont expect anything, i always supply though !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    No, it always a pleasant surprise if it is there.

I have noticed that in the last 20 years (since my first) that expectations by other parents have changed a lot.