+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default When did YOU first eat solids?

I grew up in the subcontinent in the 80s and was bf exclusively till 10-11mths then started solids of a little plain boiled rice and lentils and by 12 mths normal food I was on buffalo milk then as mum was in her 3rd trimester and her milk dried up.

My brother was exclusively bf till 10mths and his first food was semolina porridge. Again on normal foods by 12mths

No allergies, intolerances to food in either of us. At this stage we are both in healthy and not overweight. I do have some baby weight to lose though.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    The Kitchen
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: When did YOU first eat solids?

Quote Originally Posted by Leens View Post
    1985 baby here, bottle fed (adopted), and Mum started solids (rice cereal) at 4 months. I've got my baby book, it was cute having a look through when DS was born and comparing our maternal health books.

No food allergies over here.

(A friend has TERRIBLE allergies, egg, nuts, terrible eczema and weepy skin, and was started on solids at 4 months. Thing is though, he also had CONDENSED MILK in his bottles! D: His Mum was put on that when she was a baby and took the "Well I did it and I turned out okay" method. Oh dear. There's not much I hate more than that sentence. :P)
    My grandfather was fed condensed milk. He was homebirthed and was tiny. HI s mother was told he would't make it through the night .and when he did she refused him. He had condensed milk for 3 months.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Amazing how far we've come, huh? Even in two generations!