+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Did finding out the sex help you bond?

Rayroo, I feel the same..I am 18w today and yet to feel movement..Know it can happen later in first pregnancies but I am wondering if anything is even in there! for this reason.I would like to find out at my scan in 2 weeks if a boy or girl.as think it will help me bond with bub and make it more real.
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rileyrose For This Useful Post:

rayroo  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it has helped me immensely! We found out the sex 6 days ago, and prior to that, I kept wondering if it was weird that I don't feel like I love this baby.However in the last three days, whenever I think about loving our baby, I get overwhelmed by emotion and it brings me to tears because I just love her so much! It feels strange to be able to love someone who is half grown that I've never met, but I feel so proud of her whenever I feel her rolling around and kicking :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've kept the sex a surprise and although it is my first, I don't think it means I've bonded with bub any less? As soon as they are kicking and rolling around it's love

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We found out with both pregnancies. And I felt it did. I was able to put identities to them alot easier. As before I was just really unsure.. Really I felt like I was floating. Once I found out what I was having, I felt like I could prepare, and put a name to the baby. Helped give him/them more of an identity for me.
    I did struggle with the second pregnancy, not so much physically but mentally. My family did not like the fact I was having another boy. But it made me bond a stronger bond then I did with my first. Well at least it felt that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know what probably no although we named her and would refer to her by name. It's just DH so badly wanted a boy that I felt a little bad bonding with my little princess. NOW he hopes for a second girl lol (a pity I'm not having another any time soon)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No.
    I have had 2 children and found at the sex with one and not the other and didn't feel anymore bonded with the baby i knew the sex of. I loved my babies before they were born but the real bonding didn't occur until after they were born and it had nothing to do with their sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I loved finding out but I don't think it has helped me bond any better. He still seems a bit unreal to me. Even when he's kicking away I still can't imagine a baby in there!

I think it helped my partner though. I would find out the sex again for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't find out, but once you start to feel those little kicks and they get stronger and stronger, it will all feel real.
    On a side note to the finding out the sex bit, I found when I was in deep labour just remembering that I didn't know if a boy or girl was coming gave me a huge boost to keep going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I didn't find out but was bonded with my baby not long after birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely. I had already started the bonding process in pregnancy #1, but I was calling bubba my little girl ... then I had a scan saying it was a boy! Eik! So, after a few days to adjust my headspace I was back to working on bonding with my little boy. I do think it helped.

The main bonding though for both pregnancies was from the kicking and moving and interaction throughout my pregnancy, which really became much more frequent after 20 weeks.