+ Reply to Thread
    Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default *sigh* TICA sucks :(

Ugh I am having a very crappy afternoon and needed to vent somewhere...

Currently we are looking to move homes, we are happy in our current home, but we need to move to a different suburb to be closer to friends and family for a number of reasons. This morning I put in an application for a rental I completely fell in love with (even discovered an old school friend lives next door to it)... The real estate phoned me this afternoon and said I had not been approved because I was black listed ... I am pretty sure I know which real estate has done it, but the stuff around to get info from TICA is a JOKE!!!

I have a fantastic rental history, I just happened to have a really ****ty real estate for a property I moved out of 3 years ago...

I phoned the QLD tenants union this afternoon and my options are minimal. I asked them how long a TICA listing was for and she said it could be indefinite

We are really good tenants, our rent is never late, we make small repairs/maintenance where we can (instead of making real estate organise it)... It makes me angry that all of that gets overlooked because one ****ty real estate property manager was a bish!!!!

wish I could say I feel better after my vent, but I think it will take a nice fat slice of carrot cake tonight to make me feel better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    To blacklist you the real estate would have had to notify you that they were going to. I thought it actually had to go through court too?
    It doesn't sound right.

you can obtain a copy of your file from TICA. If you want a free copy it takes 28 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    not sure about QLD laws but here in NSW you have to have a valid reason to list a tenant on TICA after you have warned them and asked them to rectify the situation, you cant just add someone because you don't like them! Find out what the breech is for, if it is valid ( eg.: owing money, once you pay them they have to take you off) if they have listed you unfairly they will be coped with a huge fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    According to this fact sheet you should be able to apply to have the listing removed. Definitely look into it. Too many people get screwed over by RE's these days!

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No they really didn't have a legitimate reason to blacklist me. I did not trash or damage the house in the slightest, the real estate agent was a bish. I was not in a good place when I moved from that house and just didn't have the fight in me at the time to fight their outrageous claims... They kept my bond, I was cool with that, then they expected an extra ammount of money which was completely bogus... There was no damage to the property when I moved, it was cleaned etc, but they claimed all these 'repairs' and yard maintenance etc... Like I said, I just did not have the drive to fight against them so I ignored it..

I didn't realise they could blacklist you for life, had I known that I would have fought it... It has been 3 years since then...

I so wish I had of fought it back then, taken my own photos when I moved etc.. I have no proof etc of how I left the house... I did learn a good lesson through it though.

I know I have to apply through QCAT to get my name off TICA, it is just so much effing around... I cannot wait to buy my own home and be done with all this rental crap one day...