+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breastfeeding through FET

Hi,
    I hope I'm posting this in the right area. I'm wondering if anyone has had a successful transfer while breastfeeding. I'm hoping to continue breastfeeding my dd while trying for another bub. I would be doing a natural cycle with a frozen emby, so no drugs at all. I just can't find much info out there. My fs is happy for me to go ahead, I'm just wanting to hear others experiences. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Sorry... No answer but will need the same question answered soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    *Bump*

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I would update here for those interested. I am now pregnant (only 4 weeks...very early days) after our second round following dds birth. My first round, when dd was 14 months ended in a chemical pregnancy and I was feeding her 3 times a day. By the time we were ready to cycle again she was 16 months and had dropped a feed. So far so good - I am anxiously awaiting the 6 weeks scan and still breastfeeding dd morning and night.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to futuremamma For This Useful Post:

SPC  (15-01-2013),Tessagirl  (14-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Congrats! After reading your thread I actually rang my IVF clinic and asked what their policy was and they said that they recommended to have weaned before starting treatment. Can't remember exactly why though...

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks! I must admit I was quite surprised that my fs was happy to go ahead with it. She was very much of the opinion that if I had been having regular cycles for a few months I was likely to be ovulating and that my ovulation would likely be no different if i weaned. My progesterone levels and lining all looked good as well. I had a natural fet (no progesterone support either) when i conceived dd so i knew i should be fine without pessaries. If it's important to you then you should question them some more. I should add that I have no known fertility issues.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to futuremamma For This Useful Post:

SPC  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations thats great news. My FS also said the same, and recommended weaning 5 months before starting again. Which I did and got success. Although I'm still breast feeding my 2nd at at almost 14 months. Goes to show it wouldn't have made a difference have no plans to try again for no.3 at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by futuremamma View Post
    Thanks! I must admit I was quite surprised that my fs was happy to go ahead with it. She was very much of the opinion that if I had been having regular cycles for a few months I was likely to be ovulating and that my ovulation would likely be no different if i weaned. My progesterone levels and lining all looked good as well. I had a natural fet (no progesterone support either) when i conceived dd so i knew i should be fine without pessaries. If it's important to you then you should question them some more. I should add that I have no known fertility issues.
    I don't ovulate at all (PCOS) so my situation is likely to be different. DD is 8 months so not in any rush. We have 4 frosties so hoping one of them takes. Got pregnant 1st FET last time