+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default **spin off** do you store food/staples for visitors that you don't consume yourself..

I only really keep tea bags for guests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    We have a box of lemon tea for my FIL, but that's it. I do go out and buy treats for our visitors though, softdrink and icecream mainly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I forgot to say why i don't. I just don't see the point, i often will go buy something when i know have guests coming over (like a cake in a flavour they like, to share etc) but i don't keep staples on hand for potential guests because i don't know if it will get used or how long it might be sitting around getting stale before it gets used (or doesn't get used then needs throwing out). I have different things i can offer guests but if it is something i don't drink/eat then it is not an option.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (13-09-2012),Gandalf  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default **spin off** do you store food/staples for visitors that you don't consume yourself..

Only thing i keep that we dont use ourselves is a jar of decaf coffee for my mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yes. We have coffee, black tea (I only drink herbal teas), raw sugar, normal cows milk etc for guests.

We don't drink coffee, black tea or cows milk and don't use raw sugar either.

There are probably other things that I have for guests like fancy soap etc. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Only a jar of instant coffee and robert timms coffee bags....

Anything other then that, if they dont like what I have in MY house, then... That's okay.. Don't have anything!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes lots of different hot and cold beverages and alcohol, biscuits and items to make platters up, like chips and dip, olives, gherkins feta etc.

But in saying that, bub is due anyway which means I know I'm going to be having lots of visitors soon.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    make sense MM - for us it has been that we never had it when ppl wanted it, so now I tend to buy a few smaller sized options to have on hand that generally get used.

my sister if wheat/lactose intollerant, my nephew is lactose intollerant, DH grandma doesn't drink diary and only drinks hot chocolate, visitors always seem to decline oats and then I felt bad.

We have visitor probably once or twice a month for the weekend so it generally gets used adn then I will just replace it next time im at the shops.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    oh Im embarrassed to admit that I have spare toiletries for guests too - toothpaste, toothbrushes, mens and ladies deoderant, razers, moisterisr, sun screen, shampoo/conditioner for different hair types, hair brushes, hair elastics, ... hmm.. maybe im nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews

Only thing I keep for visitors would have to be tea bags for my mum, but she also usually buys them herself for my place when running low, I don't drink tea so don't keep tabs on when to replace.