+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Food addiction and emotional eating

Hi All,

I'm going to post this in two threads as I'm not sure really where this fits in. I need to ask for advice and see if anyone can help me. I have finally come to the realisation that I have a food addiction. I've tried many weight loss systems and I always lost a few kilos and put many more back on after only a few weeks. It's to the point where if I don't eat when I want to eat or eat what I want to eat I feel like my body tenses and I get angry. I start to get angry at everyone around me and usually binge eat on a daily basis. Once I finish binge eating I usually cry about how fat I am and that I don't know how to stop what I'm doing. I also eat when I'm bored. I eat when I'm sad to 'make myself feel better', same goes for stressed. I eat when I'm happy as a 'reward' for my happiness, so you can see the unhealthy pattern here. It's got a point now where I constantly feel depressed and I really feel like I need help to sort my own mind out and determine why I keep doing this to myself. My question is, does anyone know what help there is out there for food addiction? Would a counsellor help me or are there particular avenues I should go down? Should I discuss it with a GP? I'm at my lowest of low points today and really just looking for anyone who can help

In the sticks!!
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Food addiction and emotional eating

Hugs. You could try a counselor or there is a 12 step group called over eaters anonymous which can be really helpful for support. You could google it to see if there's a meeting near you xoxo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (13-09-2012)

First of all big hugs to you.

For what it's worth i could have.written your post! It really is a vicious cycle isn't it?

You get all motivated, come crashing down and once you're in the headspace of needing food every good intention you had of eating healthy goes out the window!

'd be going to your gp to get yourself an appointment with a psychologist. You need to find out why it is your overeating.

Just realised this.is.an old post!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I know this thread is old but op if you ever need to chat to someone ho has been there and understands, your welcome to pm me.