+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default How often do you clean behind your stove? (And a quick Q about ammonia...)

Okay, so, cleaned behind my stove....

Ew. lol.

I don't do it often because I have to pull down this part that's really hard to pull down, then undo this greasy little screw and pull it out... and tbh, it's also just a gross job, and so I just pretend it doesn't exist.

Am I the only gross grot who rarely does it?

Also, as to the ammonia... is it bad to be breathing it in (not huffing... lol... I mean just as you're cleaning). It kept making me sneeze (it was a blend of ammonia, vinegar, baking soda and hot water)... like, endlessly. I had to take a break because it was just horrible. It's not harmful, is it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: How often do you clean behind your stove? (And a quick Q about ammonia...)

Some cleaners you shouldn't combine with other stuff. For sticky, greasy mess I'd use a cream cleanser and a bucket of hot water.

Do you feel ok now? Is it nice and clean? Lol

And no, I don't look behind ovens because I rent...some things are better left a mystery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hahaha i was thinking this question the other day because for the first time in the year I have lived here I finally got around to cleaning behind the stove. I did it with the big clean up before I moved in and then the other day. It was hella gross

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How often do you clean behind your stove? (And a quick Q about ammonia...)

Umm.. Never.. I thought they were attached to the wall :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Ours is fixed into the wall so its up off the ground, no way to ever clean behind it unless we were replacing it and removed the entire thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I got the recipe for the cleaning solution online... a homemade cleaner... so I figured it'd be okay (it had a billion comments saying 'OMG love this!' sort of thing). lol. Is it bad to use the combo I did?

I rent as well... I think the people before us had the same idea as you though SM, cos it was feral when we first moved in (I cleaned it then).

Ours is just an upright one, and it is attached to the wall in that it's connected electrically, but you can still pull it out... there's just only so far you can do it so it's a bit hard to clean around.

We have an inspection coming up, and it's being done by SIL (mentioned in another of my threads) and she's an absolute horrible (swear word)... so yeah, I want to make sure everything is perfect so she can't pick on a single thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: How often do you clean behind your stove? (And a quick Q about ammonia...)

I just freaked out because I was thinking "oh my goodness, how gross, I never clean behind the oven!!"

I then realised we don't have an oven Thank you baby brain.

I do clean behind the dishwasher though where I can reach because I can't physically take it out.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

I clean it every time we move.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub