+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: help my baby girl sleep through the night!

Oh and I can't help but I can offer bucketloads of empathy because my little boy didn't sleep through.... I won't say till what age I don't want to be depressing lol.

My 6 month old wakes frequently and it's wearing me down. Ive seen the chn and am seriously considering going to tresillian, seeing as there will be a wait list I'd rather try to get in now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: help my baby girl sleep through the night!

DS nursed 3 hourly from birth to 9 months, he then did 1 five hour stretch during the night and 3 hourly of a day.

At 14 months he nursed twice a day and still every few hours over night.

From 16-20 months he woke hourly to nurse, drove me quietly insane til I force night weened (but IMO 9 months is way to young to get that).

Now he wakes every 4 Ish hours over night and he is 27 months, not full waking anymore only the half wake roll around til I find mum wakes now

Sent from my T-Hub2 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default help my baby girl sleep through the night!

Sorry to hear about your sleep problem! It is one of the worst things a mother can go through (in my opinion). My daughter's sleep deteriorated when she was 4mths to the extend where she woke up every 20-30mins every single night! It was horror!
    We went to sleep school and they told us sorry they couldn't really help! She is a very determined little munchkin!
    Anyway the only thing that gave us some sanity was co-sleeping, while it did not keep her from waking it did make the wake ups shorter and it was a lot easier on us. She is now 2.5 and still sleeps in our bed.. But she has finally started sleeping better. For the last few months she has started sleeping longer periods at a time and now even if she does wake up I quickly shush her and she goes back to sleep.
    I would try sleep school, Although it didn't work for us, it does for most! All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was happening recently with dd after a bout of sickness. She was nearly 2 at the time, but I started delaying the bottles as much as I could. I also gave her an extra arvo bottle, she never really drank much, but I felt better knowing I offered it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    Where did you get that info from? My bub was born just under 5kg, does that mean he should have been sleeping all night from birth?
    Wow, I didn't know my comment would get so many reactions! I didn't just pull that comment out of thin air. I have a recent edition of "What To Expect - First Year", and thats where I read it.

I was actually re-reading the pages on sleeping today as my DS decided to wake about 8 times last night and was looking for a magic solution to the problem (no such luck, unfortunately!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by VikkiB View Post
    Once your bub is over 5kg, she is metabolically able to go all night without a feed.
    I don't believe this is true. My son was born almost 5kg, and it was unrealistic to expect him to sleep through not long after birth.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I have recently had some success getting my almost 9 month old to sleep through again. He slept through from about 6 weeks until 5 1/2 months and then he got sick with a bad cough and following that his teeth starting coming all at once (He now has 8 teeth!!)

What works for us is to ensure he had adequate sleep during the day. I have also been occasionally putting Infacol in his night bottle as he was waking with wind up until recently and finding it difficult to settle himself again after waking with a belly ache.

On an average day, his first day sleep is at around 8:30am and he sleeps anywhere from 45mins - 1 1/2 hrs. The second sleep is at around 12 -12:30pm and he sleeps for up to 3 hrs. If he wakes before he's had 2 hrs I settle him and put him back to sleep.

This has worked for us! Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I have recently had some success getting my almost 9 month old to sleep through again. He slept through from about 6 weeks until 5 1/2 months and then he got sick with a bad cough and following that his teeth starting coming all at once (He now has 8 teeth!!)

What works for us is to ensure he has adequate sleep during the day. I have also been occasionally putting Infacol in his night bottle as he was waking with wind up until recently and finding it difficult to settle himself again after waking with a belly ache.

On an average day, his first day sleep is at around 8:30am and he sleeps anywhere from 45mins - 1 1/2 hrs. The second sleep is at around 12 -12:30pm and he sleeps for up to 3 hrs. If he wakes before he's had 2 hrs I settle him and put him back to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews

What works for us is to ensure he has adequate sleep during the day. I have also been occasionally putting Infacol in his night bottle as he was waking with wind up until recently and finding it difficult to settle himself again after waking with a belly ache.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hell, I'm over 5kg and even I get hungry some nights. Or I have a nightmare, feel sick, uncomfortable, sore, cold, hot, thirsty, lonely...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (16-09-2012),Bubbles10  (16-09-2012)