+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby hiccups

how many times a day should bub get hiccups? im a little worried im 31 weeks and bubs gets them about 6 times a day, sometimes longer than 10min.
    other than it can get annoying in there im just concerned bubs has them to often..

maybe im freaking myself out, when a friend had her bubs she had the hiccups all the time once she was born, everyone thought it was cute, turned out she was having seizures...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby hiccups

Towards the end my baby had the hiccups about 4-5 times per day. He is now a healthy 7 week old who stillll gets the hiccups a few times per day. I think your friend is probably a special case and not every baby is like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS had the hiccups a lot, can't remember how much but it was a fair bit and completely annoying - he is now a 6yo perfectly fine whirlwind. Don't remember DD having the hiccups much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was pregnant with DD she hiccupped alot. It felt like there wasn't often she she wasn't hiccupping!! I read somewhere that babies who hiccup alot in utero tend to when they arrive and she certainly did, it almost became a bit annoying

This baby hiccups a bit, maybe 2-3 times a day, but not as often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS had hiccups inutero heaps. He still does now!

Apparently it's not painful (I don't know how they know this!). And can be taken as a good sign for babies respiratory system

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS had hiccups constantly inutero. Most of the time it was just annoying for me after a while.

Now he is a healthy 2 year old, who at times will have hiccups about 3 times a day.

I dont think you have anything to worry about, and someone has previously said, i think your friend is a very rare case.

Enjoy the feeling... i think its cute, and when the baby is orn you will miss it!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby hiccups

DS hiccups ALL the time through out the day for at least good 10 min! I was super worried too! After he was born he had hiccups all the time too for a while. Now he's 19 months very healthy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: baby hiccups

My DD got them heaps, and as a new born . I then found out babies with silent reflux get them a lot and I am sure she had this. DS not much at all.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default baby hiccups

My DS1 had the hiccups constantly especially at 3am and omg so annoying when u just want to sleep! I asked my obgyn about it he said hiccups are good and help the development of bubs lungs and respiratory system. DS1 was born perfectly healthy and is a wonderfully healthy 1 year old now
    I am 28+2 now and waiting for the hiccups to start. Can't remember when they started for DS1 might have to go back through my pregnancy diary and find out.