+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default At my wits end.

My 8mo DD has NEVER slept through the night, an average nigjt was 2-3 wake ups.. That I could handle.. But her sleeping as regressed so far, she is waking every 1.5-2 hrs, half of the time she is screaming. She has been sleeping right on top of me because if I put her down she screams and cries in her sleep and I have to actually wake her to get her to stop. It is so discouraging because so many Mums I know have used CC/CIO and their babies actually sleep. We co sleep btw.

I need help I can't keep going this way I am so tired :'(

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default At my wits end.

Wish I could help but my 2 yr old ds is the same. He goes to bed in his own bed but once he wakes up 2 hrs later won't re settle do I put him in my bed where he wakes every few hours for me to soothe him back to sleep. Subscribing to see if anyone has any suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews

Default At my wits end.

Have you had her thoroughly checked for any underlying medical causes? (eg tonsils/ears/adenoids)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default At my wits end.

My DD went from sleeping through to that. It was ear infection and teething. I'd get it checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default At my wits end.

She might be cutting teeth? Have u given her any pain relief? Even if unsure what or where pain is I would treat with Panadol and/or neurofen. U can give both together but Panadol four hourly, neurofen six hourly. See doc during the day if u feel it necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: At my wits end.

We saw the GP last Friday who said she had throat ulcers and the only way to treat them was by giving her pain relief which hasn't helped in the slightest & she was having her sleeping issues before then as well & the ulcers have now gone. Her checked everything else and it was fine. I give her nurofen or panadol when i've done everything else and she still wakes every 1.5-2 hrs after.

I thought teething but she has 6 teeth already and I cant see anymore coming through Maybe I should get her checked at another doc?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default At my wits end.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post
    We saw the GP last Friday who said she had throat ulcers and the only way to treat them was by giving her pain relief which hasn't helped in the slightest & she was having her sleeping issues before then as well & the ulcers have now gone. Her checked everything else and it was fine. I give her nurofen or panadol when i've done everything else and she still wakes every 1.5-2 hrs after.

I thought teething but she has 6 teeth already and I cant see anymore coming through Maybe I should get her checked at another doc?

My dd is an awesome sleeper (she's nearly ) sleeps 11-12 hrs o/night and 3 hrs in arvo ... She had had those mouth:throat ulcers and they are genuinely awful and everything went out the window. She's usually asleep at 7pm but was up till
    Midnight screaming ... Then awake every 30 mins screaming ... This went on for days!!!
    We upped the pain relief; alternated between nurofen and painstop (so she was getting pain relief every 2 hrs) she had the nighttime painstop at night too.

Hope she gets sorted soon

Thanks
    Reviews

Default At my wits end.

Ok then I think she might be hungry? What is her feeding, bed routine like before bed time?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default At my wits end.

Please you can Not use painstop she is too young. Painstop is only for two years up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default At my wits end.

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Please you can Not use painstop she is too young. Painstop is only for two years up.
    Yes I did mean to say to check what age painstop can be used for ... Great person to speak to is your local chemist ... They are usually quite happy to have a chat about what you could try.

You could use panadol instead of painstop