+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Farewell ideas

Hi all

Today I had a d&c after finding out last week at 8 weeks my baby had died at 6 weeks 2 days.

I am heartbroken and while I want to move on, I don't want to feel like i have to forget my baby to do so.

I would love to hear suggestions for an expression of farewell to my little one.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Farewell ideas

Im so sorry for your loss how about naming a star after your bub?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Farewell ideas

I'm terribly sorry maybe a plaque or something similar for your garden and a bush/tree that you like to go with it would be nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Farewell ideas

I'm very sorry. Been through it too and it's just devastating. I ended up buying a piece of jewellery (not too expensive) and had it engraved with the date we lost our bub and the name we usually referred to bub with. No one would know the ring I have has anything to do with a miscarriage but DH and I know. It's special to us.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

aish  (13-09-2012),Tuilelaith  (28-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Farewell ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I'm very sorry. Been through it too and it's just devastating. I ended up buying a piece of jewellery (not too expensive) and had it engraved with the date we lost our bub and the name we usually referred to bub with. No one would know the ring I have has anything to do with a miscarriage but DH and I know. It's special to us.
    What a lovely idea xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the lovely ideas everyone. I found out I was preg when I was on holiday overseas and bought the positive HPT back home with me as I kept the one from my son. No idea why as I don't think my kids will appreciate seeing something I peed on several years ago! But might plant a nice tree and bury the HPT under it. Will also do something nice on my baby's EDD in April.

Feels like I'll never be able to think about this without crying...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hang in there, it does get easier. IT is still sad but becomes bearable. Your hormones are still over the shop too which doesn't help.

I bought an angel from pandora. I have a lot of Pandora and it is how I wanted to remember my bub. It is fast approaching my 'due date' and I do feel more sad especailly as we aren't pregnant yet. I do have somethingto look forward to - a cruise. We booked it when I was struggling as I needed to have *something* big. IT really helped me. I realise not everyone can do this but perhaps a weekend away or soemthing exciting planned for your due date?

Take care

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hullabalu For This Useful Post:

Tuilelaith  (28-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. I haven't got any ideas, I just wanted to offer my sympathy. There are some beautiful ideas in this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've decided to have a little memorial... And I'm going to make up a scrapbook...
    partner is getting a very small tattoo and I will probably get a piece of jewellery.

I also plan to sleep with the little baby blanket the hospital gave us for as long as I need to.

I've got a long wait now until we can go back to the TTC stage... I know it will be our turn one day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Farewell ideas

While its not for everyone I had a tattoo done to remember our baby! We lost "George" at around 8 weeks but continued on unaware until nearly 13. With the EDD coming up I had to do something to forever remember our angel so I went with ink! The dog is to represent my fur babies and the flower is for baby's due month OctImageUploadedByBub Hub1351756758.788202.jpg