+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I once worked as a barmaid at a pub where the bistro had recently been taken over by a chinese family who had poor english. They had introduced chinese meals but kept some aussie favorites.

One night a lady came up to the bar and said "I ordered sticky date pudding, and they gave me this!" and showed me a bowl of a battered hotdog covered in topping and icecream. Still makes me laugh thinking of the look on her face!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What is the strangest thing you have ever found in you food?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    A small screwdriver in chips at McDonalds. The foot off a microwave in a pub meal.
    Maybe they were teating out bee happy meal toys haha oh McDonald's they don't just make their burgers badly now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    Maybe they were teating out bee happy meal toys haha oh McDonald's they don't just make their burgers badly now.
    That's meant to be testing out new ... Stupid phone or fingers I'm not sure which ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    I once worked as a barmaid at a pub where the bistro had recently been taken over by a chinese family who had poor english. They had introduced chinese meals but kept some aussie favorites.

One night a lady came up to the bar and said "I ordered sticky date pudding, and they gave me this!" and showed me a bowl of a battered hotdog covered in topping and icecream. Still makes me laugh thinking of the look on her face!
    Bahahahaha!! That is hilarious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Omg I'm feeling so sick after reading this!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    Totally ruined Ferraro Rochers
    And Lindt chocolate. Glad I finished my block a couple of days before reading this thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DD was a baby we bought the jars of Heinz veggies for her (the 'fancy' 9mth ones that were slightly chunky) and i found dead worm things in it, I'm not 100% sure what they were, but when i rang them they tried to pass it off as rice, but there was no rice in the meal!

My brother found wood in a bar of chocolate and another time found plastic in some chocolate biscuits.

Ive found slugs in a Hoggs breath salad, mouse markings on chocolate (as though a mouse has eaten part of it) and a dead cockroach in a fast food container.... luckily it was before we started eating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What is the strangest thing you have ever found in you food?

I found a live baby crab in a bag og mussles from Coles once. I opened the bag and went to wash the mussles and there the baby crab was!

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I found a dead mouse in a loaf of franklins bread about a decade ago. It looked like it had been cooked in the bread *barf*

A few months ago I found this huge freaky catapillar bug thing is my rocket lettuce packet from Woolies. They gave me my money back and a replacement bag of luttuce...... which I checked veeeery carefully thru

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    she was fine about it.

She was all like "Oh Cherry, I'm so fat and juicy, will you shoot me in the head and then eat me?"

And I was "Oh fat and juicy doe, it is Christmas in two days, and my lovely turkey was eaten by a dastardly fox. It was only half eaten, so I may wash off the chewed half and eat the rest, but I do not think so"

Deer: "What a shame! Foxes are so naughty. That will teach you to let the turkey free in the yard when you're not home and night is falling. Come, shoot me in the head. It's a clear shot and will be very quick. It's not fawn season, I have no baby nor am I pregnant. Plus, I am favouring my left fore, and may be very injured. This follows all of your personal ethics laws for hunting. Eat me"

So I did. And as a reward, she gave me jewellery.

DH said we should have kept her alive, because she might have been the deer version of a golden goose, but with cheap mood rings.

Love it.