+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Removing stains from MCNs

I have a massive stash of itti bittis and I love them. My DS is 5 weeks old and have had him in cloth for a couple of weeks. My question is how can I keep them stain free?

I use liners and wash off excess poo, then wet pail them in a natural plant based detergent for 2 days, I then put them in a front loader washing machine on a 30 minute 40 degree wash with a small amount of natural detergent. As I'm located in SA in winter I need to dry them inside on a clothes horse. Most of them have yellow poo stains but smell nice and clean.

I've heard the sun is good for stain removal but we are a bit short on it down here!! Will the sun remove older stains? Any advice on care?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Can you hang them outside even though the weather is crappy? That's what I do - hang them out for a day then dry them inside on a clothes horse and I don't have a single stain. There's still quite a bit of UV even of it's rainy.

Thanks
    Reviews

As much sun as you can. And just if you didnt know, it's better to dry pail as soaking can ruin the pul and elastics.

Try putting a scoop of lectric soda in with the nappies when washing too.

Thanks
    Reviews

The itti bittis have snap out inserts, I don't soak the actual nappy with the elastic part, just the bamboo inserts, the actual nappy part gets dry pailed.

Lectric soda - can you buy it at supermarkets? I will try to get them out in the sun tomorrow, if we get any!!