+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would you invite yourself to your dil's sisters wedding uninvited?

Given the circumstances, can you maybe suggest a compromise. Perhaps explain the whole situation to MIL, then ask if after DD has completed all her flowergirl duties and photos, MIL can take her fir a celebratory milkshake or similar! Then proud nan gets to see her granddaughter all dressed up, sister gets her privacy respected and you and hubby get a few hours to spend with family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by swizzlestick View Post
    Given the circumstances, can you maybe suggest a compromise. Perhaps explain the whole situation to MIL, then ask if after DD has completed all her flowergirl duties and photos, MIL can take her fir a celebratory milkshake or similar! Then proud nan gets to see her granddaughter all dressed up, sister gets her privacy respected and you and hubby get a few hours to spend with family!
    I think this is a great idea!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Would you invite yourself to your dil's sisters wedding uninvited?

Quote Originally Posted by jesssalee View Post
    Sorry, but your mother in law sounds like a psycho.

Maybe get your DP to tell her again that she can't go, no joking around. Also, I guess you could put your DD in her outfit beforehand just for mil to see. I can't believe she thinks this is normal, to be honest. This is your sister's day, and a day for her family and friends to celebrate. It has absolutely nothing to do with your mil
    This!

Thanks
    Reviews

IMO It depends what kind of ceremony She's having.. Yes. Church ceremony anyone can walk in and watch but I have been to a few ceremonies that hve been held in spots that are somewhat private.

With the information you hve given I would say no it's not appropriate and she should wait for photos and mayb you could get your DH to get a video to show her.

Thanks
    Reviews

IMO Its rude and unacceptable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Would you invite yourself to your dil's sisters wedding uninvited?

Just rang to let my sister know what's going on but she wasn't home and was out for dinner. I spoke to my mum instead and asked her to pass the message on to her and if she has a problem with it to let me know and I will try harder to dissuade her. Meanwhile MIL has been asking lots of questions where the reception is and how many are going and who is catering. I'm making the cake and we had left over cake from cake prep for desert and hinted she would like some cos she obviously isn't getting any of the cake when it's done and made up. In a sarcastic way.

makes me wonder if someone asked at the ceremony if she wanted to go to the reception cos so and so couldn't make it that she would say yes. Cos that's where the hints seem to be leading to.

I'm sure things will work out in the end. She just frustrates the bejesus out of me sometimes. We already have so many family feuds in my family going on I didn't want her possibly adding to the stress of the day for my sister. My sister didn't like attention on her at the best of times. Personally I would much rather MIL asked if she thought my sister would mind her going to the ceremony but she doesn't seem to think it is an issue.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh please, stop being so mean, heaps of people who aren't invited show up to the ceremony.

Thanks
    Reviews

Anyone who thinks this particular situation inst rude obviously hasn't dealt with someone with bipolar off their meds (no offense OP). Have some consideration people this isn't a normal scenario.
    Last edited by FertileMertile; 12-09-2012 at 23:54.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (13-09-2012),LoveLivesHere  (13-09-2012),pinkplease3  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'd be really annoyed if someone uninvited came to our wedding. It's going to be gel in our back yard and we have a guest list of around 49. That's way too many people for me but it's as much as we could cut it down. We are paying for the entire thing ourselves and we don't have extra money to be throwing around because someone decided they wanted to come. We are hiring chairs and don't want to hire more than needed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone is different, but i think your Mil is being very rude.

If i asked my Mil not to do something that would possibly effect my sister's mental health and a very special day in her life and she refused to see reason and couldn't respect MY (her daughter in law and representative/connection between the two family's) wishes enough i would be livid. I don't understand why your repeated requests are not enough reason for her not to go, to stop pushing the issue.

It says to me that she respects you and your views on the situation very little.

I would be guided by my in-law in a situation like this, not just ignore them and continue on.

Good luck