+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Double post!
    Last edited by F&A; 12-09-2012 at 22:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Would you invite yourself to your dil's sisters wedding uninvited?

Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    My sister mil did it and she took off with my flower girl striped her, and took her hair out etc... There was a major panic as she just went missing, nobody knew she had taken her for around 30 mins. So i have no pics of the whole bridal party.
    This is what I am afraid of

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had lots of lookie loos at our wedding ceremony, some who we didn't know! One of my bridesmaids grandma came, because she really wanted to see her granddaughter all dressed up. I thought it was sweet personally but I had nearly 300 people at my wedding so didn't really notice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    This is the person who would not let my dd1 accept congratulations and hugs from my family on the day my dd2 was born while everyone was waiting for dd2 to be born and to make sure all was good with her being 6 weeks prem. Any of my family members that did go near dd1 were scowled at including my mum and an Aunty who took time out of her day caring for her dying adult son to come and see us.

there are more instances such as insisting I get dd1 a passport while I was 7 months pregnant so she could take her on her first overseas holiday. Me being so pregnant meant I wouldn't have been able to go. Like hell I was getting that passport.

If MIL were to go I can only see her trying to be possessive of dd1 and dd2. going by past experiences.

Sent from my GT-S6500T using BubHub
    Hmm thats a tough one! At first I would have said meh whats the harm but now you have further explained the situation (especially your sister being preg and off her meds) I would definitely lay the hard word on your MIL and tell her under no circumstances is she to come. I can completely understand that she wants to see your DD all dressed up and looking adorable but with your sister off her meds who knows how she would react to it on the day. My only suggestion would be maybe talk to your sister's DF?

Goodluck with this I hope it all goes well for you

Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    Typical BH post give copious more info after the OP :rollseyes:
    Was this comment really necessary?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

backgroundnoise  (12-09-2012),MonkeySeeMonkeyDo  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Would you invite yourself to your dil's sisters wedding uninvited?

I think it's pretty poor form. I'd say she should wait for the photos.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would you invite yourself to your dil's sisters wedding uninvited?

I see no problem with people going to the ceremony. The reception needs to be invite only, but I actually think your sister is the weird one for making a fuss about x,y and z wanting to watch the ceremony. It doesn't cost her a cent to have your mil watching and I tend to agree with your mil that she won't even notice she is there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jennybaby View Post
    I see no problem with people going to the ceremony. The reception needs to be invite only, but I actually think your sister is the weird one for making a fuss about x,y and z wanting to watch the ceremony. It doesn't cost her a cent to have your mil watching and I tend to agree with your mil that she won't even notice she is there.
    Yes this. It's no biggie.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh, okay, sorry. Missed all the extra information. So really this is a Very unique case considering your sisters medical background and your mil. Not a simple situation for your family in this instance, but in response to your original question...yes...it is okay for people to go to wedding ceremonies uninvited. In your situation your mil prob needs to respect your sisters fragile state.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends on each persons cicumstances differently. We had the parents of our groomsmen/ bridesmaids come to our ceremony who were not invited, and I actually though it was nice to see them. Weddings are expensive, and although I woldve loved to invite everyone I knew, couldnt afford it, so it was nice to see some ppl who werent invited come to the ceremony. (but I knew them and I liked them! So I guess it depends on how your sister feels about your MIL in general.

Thanks
    Reviews

Could you invite mil over to watch dd get ready? And say that it's strictly invite only?
    I went to a wedding I wasn't invited or welcomed to earlier in the year. My ds was page boy, I stayed up the back, i was polite but not intrusive.