+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default To those who have fallen pregnant after trying for ages.............

Was there any thing that you did differently for example DTD every day or every 2 days and things like that but non medical? Just curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

For us we finally gave up and that month I happened to fall preg. Going by my dates I ovulated 2 weeks late and due to dh being away at work for 4 days before and 2 days after and we still fell preg. I can't believe we did. We tried for ages and couldn't fall and now we have with the slimmest of chances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We also gave up ... Took time off our jobs and went to Bali for 5 months. After a month I was pregnant!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep - we were TTC for 21mths without medical assistance but using OPK, SMEP, preseed and all that sort of jazz.

22nd month we decided to not try that month and deliberately didn't DTD after CD12 (thought I would O on CD16 based on other months).

As it turns out I O'ed on CD14 (based on my dates now) but still we didn't DTD once after CD12 until I got my POS HPT at 11DPO.

Thanks
    Reviews

I guess all the thinking about it and trying really does affect your body it's just so hard to switch off all the wanting lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had read on here that people had tried for a long time then stopped trying and fell pregnant. Buttoneska you were Infact one that I read.

I tried pretending in my head that we weren't going to try lol. Like tried to switch off but it didn't work. It wasn't till we felt our relationship was starting to struggle and our other children were getting to distant (gap wise) that we stopped and boom!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Bump to see if there are any more stories

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep dh and I were trying for about 9 months then I was diagnosed pcos and told we would have next to no chance conceiving without fertility assistance as I wasn't ovulating. We were just about to start fertility drugs (after 4 months of tests and appointments) and my FS had been in holidays over Xmas so I had missed the window of opportunity to try treatment for yet another month or more because af was so all over the place. As soon as my fs was back from holidays I went and saw him in tears and asked him to do anything to speed the process up. He did an internal ultrasound to check things out then told me to go home and wait 2'weeks and then do a preg test. I was so gutted that he would get my hopes up. The 2 weeks came and went and I didn't want to do the test. Dh made me do it so I did one after dinner and there was the beautiful second line!! Faint but there. We did another one in the morning and it was so clear. I think we did 8 tests in 3 days just to make sure and I even sent a picture of one to my sister to get a second opinion!!
    We now have a beautiful (cheeky) almost 2'year old!

Thanks
    Reviews

Whoops! Posted too early! Was just going to say that my fs told us that a majority of his patients fall pregnant without having any intervention. His mentality was that half the stress was now his so it let's you relax a bit and not worry about ttc as you know you're in good hands.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: To those who have fallen pregnant after trying for ages.............

I believe stress is a huge factor. My dh and I were living abroad the last few years and ttc for about 2 years with pcos, however to no avail .Moved back to oz a year ago and fell pregnant naturally, twice. Unfortunately m/c on those 2 occasions but third time lucky, am now 18w and all going well..We swapped big city expat life for a more laid back aussie lifestyle and it made all the difference. Oh and the times I fell pregnant were all random fun shags and not intentional baby making' .Although I did lay in bed after with pillows under me and legs in air! must help the swimmers!

Sent from my GT-I9100T usin g BubHub