Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Oh noes, someone think of the children, they'll be forever emotionally scarred from the huffy waitress.
    This is the one that annoyed me. But on reflection it is my issue that I let it get to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: How rude!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Well, I worked in one of the trendiest cafe cultures in melbourne on and off for over ten years and I can tell you now, there was not one, not ONE, staff member who didn't lose their cool at some point. No matter how good they were, no matter how nice they were, it happens. Does it mean they need to get a new job because they aren't perfect? No. Perhaps if she had have said something at the time they could have been spoken to, but really, there is no perfect hospitality worker. I'm amazed that you have a clean slate as a cafe goer, especially as you have stated your kids are terrors, and that's great, but at the end of the day, no single person can "check their emotions at the door" (as someone said) ALL THE TIME.
    No you can't check your emotions all the time, but you shouldn't ever loose your cool in front of customers.
    I worked in Aged care before having kids. Some of them drove me freaking mental and I won't lie and say I never lost my cool, but I never lost my $hit at a resident or in front of other residents.
    If you are frustrated or know you are loosing your cool, you walk away. The cafe wouldn't turn to crap if the waitress didn't get to the cleaning immediately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (13-09-2012),~ElectricPink~  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How rude!!!

Hilarious thread. Thanks for the morning laugh, everyone.

Alexander beetle - it sounds like you consider yourself exempt from the "people" who are taking this thread personally etc. Err, no.

GirlX - yes. What you said. Exactly.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meatpopsicle For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (13-09-2012),Luna Lovegood  (13-09-2012),MissLink  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I have to say, I personally have never spoken to anyone while working in that way - unless they abuse me first. It is the one thing I can't help - if someone has a go at me, I will snap back. Which is why I don't work with customers anymore:-)
    Are we reading totally different threads here? She didn't speak to them rudely at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    beebs I have said a few times in this thread that she was rude, actually. All I have done explain she is human, and that was only because people were being very rude about how they would have dealt with it, including "demanding she serves my food with a smile". And forgive me for sounding cynical, but I don't 100% believe the OP's version.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meatpopsicle View Post
    Hilarious thread. Thanks for the morning laugh, everyone.

Alexander beetle - it sounds like you consider yourself exempt from the "people" who are taking this thread personally etc. Err, no.

GirlX - yes. What you said. Exactly.
    I'm not taking it personally, I wasn't the waitress, I don't do that anymore. I'm just giving a different perspective.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Are we reading totally different threads here? She didn't speak to them rudely at all.
    And this too. She's gone from being grumpy, to abusive to babies, and now speaking rudely to customers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How rude!!!

I think they should stop leaving sugar on the table. Its just asking for trouble.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-09-2012),Guest654  (13-09-2012),LoveLivesHere  (13-09-2012),meatpopsicle  (13-09-2012),WTK  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How rude!!!

The waitress' attitude was definitely uncalled for but maybe she was just having a bad day? Doesn't excuse her behavior of course but I guess we are all human

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I think they should stop leaving sugar on the table. Its just asking for trouble.
    Yep, I blame the sugar. Without those little packets of sugar this whole incident and ensuing debate may never have happened. And you know, I suspect this is not the first time sugar has led to bad behaviour.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (13-09-2012),beebs  (13-09-2012),Bennos Mummy  (13-09-2012),Guest654  (13-09-2012),shelle65  (13-09-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast