Closed Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katatonic View Post
    Some are saying if you work in that industry that it can be annoying. What's annoying to me is people who work in the *service* (keyword) industry complaining about their very simple jobs. Serve my food with a smile or find another job or I spend my money elsewhere.
    I would have said this to the waitress as I have no problem expressing when I feel I am being disrespected by someone doing a job they are paid for.

You think dealing with arrogant self righteous people all day is simple???!! That's hilarious!

Customer service is easily the most challenging job I've ever had - and it's any wonder when you consider how rude most customers are. Here's a thought - treat people as PEOPLE, regardless of how far below you you think their job is.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How rude!!!

Wow! Seriously? Some of these comments are a clear example of why customer service has gone to sh!t if people seriously think its ok for this woman to get peeved and act in such an unprofessional way. It's a job, no mater how annoyed you may be, deal with it and move on. It's not like she really had it that tough.

Every job has its ups and downs the best thing you can do is be professional at all times. Whether it was the 5th mothers group for the day or the first means jack sh!t. It's nothing personal so why as an employee take it personally?

So what she had to clean up a few extra times. I am sure her boss would be furious with her manner. Her boss just lost future customers because this employee took things to a personal level. People talk. They didn't just loose 3 customers. Each of those ladies are likely to tell 20 people. That's a business thats now lost 60 people or more. Bad choice.

It's a job. How you feel about something is irrelevant to the fact you are there to serve the customer.

I work in dental clinics. Do you think the several people every day that come in and whine about getting their teeth done, spit water everywhere because they are numb, their kids have hissy fits because they don't want to co-operate means I have entitlement to get peeved and make the patient feel upset. No!!

It's a job. Simple. Suck it up and go home a whine at the end of the day not at work to a customer. VERY unprofessional!

Ps I have worked in hospitality too. Adults can be a lot worse. Suck it up butter cup because really its such a small catty deal.

And op I don't believe you were any different to anyone else who has children, generally though if you can clean up the kids mess yourself then it shows the waitress that your some what respecting their job.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

danielle13  (13-09-2012),lovesushi  (13-09-2012),~ElectricPink~  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default How rude!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    God people are arrogant. Serve my food with a smile", "I sold have complained". Please remember that yes, it is their job, but believe it or not, they are humans, not robots, and actually have feelings, emotions and moods. Yeah, you got snapped at by a waitress, yeah your k!ds sound really annoying. Don't go back. But the people who feel they would have complained, told her off etc, don't you have anything better to do? Some people's sense of entitlement over a lousy coffee is amazing.
    I look at it from a different perspective. It doesn't sound like the mothers group was being intentionally rude or self righteous. In which case the waitress behaving like a child really shows a level of immaturity and incompetence on her part.

If she can't handle a table of mothers then really she has no business working with the public. Customers, unless they are being total asshats, are entitled to go for a coffee without being made to feel like $hit. If the waitress is having a bad day then tough, dont take it out on custimers.

Employers have a right to know if their overly emotional immature unprofessional staff is impacting their business.

The sense of entitlement of service industry in Australia astounds me. Staff don't generally get away with pulling crap like that in America where they actually have to work hard for their tips/a living.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-09-2012),danielle13  (13-09-2012),elleandsam  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How rude!!!

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    I think often it is forgotten that inconveinent customers create jobs. Seathe and scream on the inside but never let it show, the customer is paying for your service with the cup of coffee. If they weren't interested in the service they could make it for 1/2 as much at home....
    Exactly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: How rude!!!

I don't think it's arrogant to expect that someone treats you with RESPECT. It is NOT arrogant to expect not to be made to feel uncomfortable, OP's child was not being 'difficult' or 'annoying,' he was being a CHILD. What was the purpose of the waitress being rude and making OP and her friends uncomfortable? Eye rolling, slamming, huffing and puffing is not necessary at all. I can't believe that in this day and age people are DEFENDING poor customer service! I don't believe it's self entitled to expect to be treated nicely

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    1crazymoose if you think you are perfect at your job, 100% of the time then you are amazing. Seriously. I can't say I'm perfect at anything. Even if I try. Customer Service has gone to sh!t has it? Because one lady was snapped at. Please.
    I love the way the MOTHERS are frogiven for everything. "I snapped at my child today" "oh honey, we aren't perfect, we are doing the hardest job in the world it's ok", but heaven forbid that anyone in a low paying employment sector could dare be having a bad experience. The claws are out, and the attitude is flying. Seriously, some people need to relax.
    Last edited by Alexander Beetle; 13-09-2012 at 08:22.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (13-09-2012),Guest1234  (13-09-2012),haveheart  (13-09-2012),Maybelline  (13-09-2012),Shoopuf  (13-09-2012),Stiflers Mom  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sure they are humans, and humans usually realise that babies do stuff like that. Seriously, if you are going to get sooo stressed out over something as minor as that then maybe a change of career is in order. Seriously- getting so upset over a bit of sugar. At the end of the day, they are paying customers, who deserve as much respect as that waitress, and they obviously got none from her.

I'd make a complaint OP, and then I would name and shame that cafe until my throat hurt. That is just not on, I would *never* ever treat someone like that, no matter who I was, or what I was doing, or what had happened earlier in the day. It is just rude.

God people are arrogant. Serve my food with a smile", "I sold have complained". Please remember that yes, it is their job, but believe it or not, they are humans, not robots, and actually have feelings, emotions and moods. Yeah, you got snapped at by a waitress, yeah your k!ds sound really annoying. Don't go back. But the people who feel they would have complained, told her off etc, don't you have anything better to do? Some people's sense of entitlement over a lousy coffee is amazing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, we are just going off the OP's perspective, and I would love to hear the other version. I bet it would be very different. As someone who served hordes of mothers for may years, believe me I've seen it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default How rude!!!

1crazymoose if you think you are perfect at your job, 100% of the time then you are amazing. Seriously. I can't say I'm operfect at anything. Even if I try. Customer Service has gone to sh!t has it? Because one lady was snapped at. Please.
    I love the way the MOTHERS are fogiven for everything. "I snapped at my child today" "oh honey, we aren't perfect, we are dong the hardest job in the world it's ok", but heaven forbid that anyone in a low paying employment sector could dare be having a bad experience. The claws are out, and the attitude is flying. Seriously, some people need to relax.
    Why are you taking it personally? Are you in the service industry?

It wasn't a case of this waitress not being 100% perfect. It sounds to me like she had a total meltdown and was 75% imperfect. Why are you defending her? Do you think a meltdown and being unprofessional and rude to customers who weren't intentionally being rude is ok?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

danielle13  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    Ps I have worked in hospitality too. Adults can be a lot worse. Suck it up butter cup because really its such a small catty deal.
    This - so have I, and would want to deal with a baby spilling sugar on the table than some of the outright rude adults around.