Closed Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How rude!!!

I was a waitress for years, you should tell the cafe manager no one wants a waitress who's rude to guests, no mater who or what they are doing, very unprofessional. I would have given her a piece of my mind right there and then after all it's her job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: How rude!!!

Either make a complaint or don't go back.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How rude!!!

Gee whiz, I wonder who people think they are sometimes. And I'd like to know where such rude people get their sense of entitlement from, too, cause I sure as hell missed out.

Definitely complain about her, never heard of such a rude waitress. And you did nothing wrong, who can expect your baby to know all the right and wrongs. She had no right to treat you that way, like everyone else has said, if she gets that annoyed she shouldn't be working there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol, after cleaning up all that wasted sugar, cleaning up the water, heating up the bottle, almost loses toast to your kid grabbing... was it really worth the profit they made from you?

Maybe you were her 5th mothers group that day and she was doing all of the above for the 5th time? I'd be over it too. Rude? Probably not, but I see where she's coming from, especially if she doesn't have kids - she's probably wondering why you won't just watch your kids properly like childless people often do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quite frankly I don't think it matters if she has already has had 10000000 other mothers groups annoying her that day, her behaviour was out of line. She should have been accommodating and hospitable. It's her job.

People in other professions- doctors, police, call centre operators- are all expected to act professionally regardless of how annoying certain people are, or how many times they've already been asked a question/delt with an issue that day.

There is no excuse for her lack of professional and rudeness.
    Last edited by Luna Lovegood; 13-09-2012 at 07:15.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-09-2012),Buttoneska  (13-09-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How rude!!!

I agree with loony Luna

I use to work in customer service (once in a cafe) and no matter how bad your day was it was your job NOT to be rude, if you can't handle that then get a dif job

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonkers For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default How rude!!!

The waitress sounds rude but I would have complained. If my bub makes a mess when we are out I try to clean it up myself (unless the staff member really insists on doing it in a friendl way). I think they appreciate that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would have been annoyed, though I would have sucked it up and smiled and then had a whinge out of earshot. I waitressed for a very brief period, and found I had enough to do without cleaning up after children. When I'm out with my son I clean up his messes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How rude!!!

Some are saying if you work in that industry that it can be annoying. What's annoying to me is people who work in the *service* (keyword) industry complaining about their very simple jobs. Serve my food with a smile or find another job or I spend my money elsewhere.
    I would have said this to the waitress as I have no problem expressing when I feel I am being disrespected by someone doing a job they are paid for.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to katatonic For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How rude!!!

God people are arrogant. Serve my food with a smile", "I sold have complained". Please remember that yes, it is their job, but believe it or not, they are humans, not robots, and actually have feelings, emotions and moods. Yeah, you got snapped at by a waitress, yeah your k!ds sound really annoying. Don't go back. But the people who feel they would have complained, told her off etc, don't you have anything better to do? Some people's sense of entitlement over a lousy coffee is amazing.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (13-09-2012),Shoopuf  (13-09-2012)