+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't, and I wouldn't. My daughter's 7 and even now, she's still too much of a grub to wear clothing like that. Hell, even I, at 26, spill things on myself from time to time. I don't see how you can expect otherwise.

If we were millionaire, sure, because they'd cut into our millionaire budget as much as a Target top does now... but I don't see the point otherwise. Perhaps one cute little 'we're going out' outfit, but that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my god where have i been i didn't even versace etc even made kids clothes i am happy with target

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Bugs Mummy For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartiecat View Post
    Same here ... My dd country road clothes stain just as quickly as the Kmart ones.

We have a mix of brands and labels for my dd mostly because her clothes have been bought second hand but I don't choose them because of the label just the style etc.

Some of the attitudes above make me think people have too much time and money on their hands. I would rather use that money to put my child into an activity than pretentious clothes.

I'm also determined to not teach my children that certain labels/brands do not equal confidence and self esteem.
    not everyone who dresses their children in designer clothes is pretentious, some do it because they like the clothes/quality and can afford to do so and just because they wear high end clothing does not mean they grow up thinking that brands/labels give them confidence, my children don't care what they wear and even if they are wearing a top for $100 they certainly don't know what I paid for it- its just clothing to them. I may not shop at k mart, target ect ect and my kids have never worn hand me downs- not even from their siblings but I dont dress them like this to be pretentious I dress them like this because as some woman may love shoes I love beautiful kids clothes and thats my passion/obsession & I would never judge someone for buying their children's clothes from Kmart or other similar places because lets face it our kids look cute in what ever we dress them in.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can i just ask why is it ok to say mums that dress there kids in designer clothes are Pretentious Bogans, yet if someone was to say mums that dress there kids in big w clothes are careless slobs then all h*ll would break loose ??

WHy is it ok to judge the ones that buy expensive clothes but not the ones that dont.

Not saying i agree with either side of it, just wonder why its ok.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (13-09-2012),atomicmama  (13-09-2012),Guest654  (13-09-2012),lovesushi  (13-09-2012),millsmum  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Can i just ask why is it ok to say mums that dress there kids in designer clothes are Pretentious Bogans, yet if someone was to say mums that dress there kids in big w clothes are careless slobs then all h*ll would break loose ??

WHy is it ok to judge the ones that buy expensive clothes but not the ones that dont.

I would say neither is okay, who cares at the end of the day they're clothes.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (13-09-2012)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    I would say neither is okay, who cares at the end of the day they're clothes.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

I totally agree, but i have seen name calling be ok in this thread

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Designer clothes are not necessarily expensive if they wash well, keep good shape you can resell them on ebay for good price.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lovesushi For This Useful Post:

millsmum  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post

Uh.. people always bag out Kmart, best and less, slogans, shirts with pictures etc on bubhub

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Do they call mums that buy them names ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I havent read the PP but I personally dont buy designer clothes for my kids. Simply because I cant justify the money on something that kids will ruin in 5 seconds or grow out of way too quickly. I do buy the kids surf shop brand clothes from time to time but thats really my limit that im willing to spend on clothes for them.

On the flip side I have some designer clothes and love them