+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Yeah the OP was talking about high end designer, not slightly-more-expensive high street stuff.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (13-09-2012),Luna Lovegood  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

DS is a Best & Less kid for the most part. He's the kind of kid who us dressed immaculately when we leave the house & within 5 minutes has stains.

I think a lot of the posters are interpreting high end based on their budget - I know I tend to class kids clothes as expensive simply being 'more than I can afford'

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another that doesn't think K-mart quality is all that bad. DD has some clothes from there that she is in her second year of wearing at they are still nice enough to wear out to dinner or a party and it looks about the same as the ralph lauren stuff that she's been wearing for the same amount of time.

My kids have a mixture of everything fred bare, sprout(although i really don't consider that designer its like pumpkin patch), dior, diesel, guess, pumpking patch, country road, k-mart, target, best & less, big w lol can't think of all the others

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

I have a friend who dresses her boys in FAKE high end designer gear (and pretends like its real) which is tacky beyond words.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FutureMa For This Useful Post:

JaneDoe  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

We don't have any "designer" clothes here but We do have a higher end stuff like Seed and Country Road. I find that they are great quality and its a sure fire way to avoid tacky slogans. I love to op shop so DS has heaps of great things from there. We have been lucky enough to be in Sydney and was in a large department store looking for a pair of slip on shoes for DS. I tried a pair of Ralph LAuren shoes on and although there were great quality I couldn't buy them. They had the pony all over then and thought that they looked like I was trying too hard (not if I lived in Sydney, but I think. I would feel self conscious pulling them off for indoor time art playground)

Reading this tread has made me think though that I have to get on the Internet form clothes. We live in a regional town and there are very few options. I'm just tentative about buying on line because I can't see it and touch it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Like Nowhere mentioned... Who cares? These children are dressed. at least they are warm, or taken care of in fancy clothes or 'not so fancy'. Doesn't matter what you spend all of you are dressing your children

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't class pumpkin patch and sprout as 'designer'. I as referring to Ralph, Gucci, guess etc. especially the ones with big sparkly logos on them. So tacky!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    How on earth do you take issue with that post? I think you need to go back and read it again.

I don't like Kmart clothes and I've never bought from best and less.

I buy heaps of lovely second hand clothes, or on sale items of varying brands. We have a few basics from Target. She wears them to childcare because otherwise they wouldn't get worn.

No Versace here though.
    No issue just saying there is a difference between 'just as good' and 'i have not had a problem with'

So there was no need for laughing.
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Tutu & Lulu View Post
    I'm another that doesn't think K-mart quality is all that bad. DD has some clothes from there that she is in her second year of wearing at they are still nice enough to wear out to dinner or a party and it looks about the same as the ralph lauren stuff that she's been wearing for the same amount of time.

My kids have a mixture of everything fred bare, sprout(although i really don't consider that designer its like pumpkin patch), dior, diesel, guess, pumpking patch, country road, k-mart, target, best & less, big w lol can't think of all the others
    Same here ... My dd country road clothes stain just as quickly as the Kmart ones.

We have a mix of brands and labels for my dd mostly because her clothes have been bought second hand but I don't choose them because of the label just the style etc.

Some of the attitudes above make me think people have too much time and money on their hands. I would rather use that money to put my child into an activity than pretentious clothes.

I'm also determined to not teach my children that certain labels/brands do not equal confidence and self esteem.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think theres a difference between dressing a child in nice clothes and dressing your child in nice clothes and emphasizing to them that they're wearing a particular label and placing dollar values on it.

DS has high end street stuff and likewise cheapies and he wouldn't know the difference.

I think if you're placing importance on labels to kids, that's when it's probably not teaching them the best values...