+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

About 90% of my kids clothes are from op shops. There is a lot of pumpkin patch in there and some others but if I buy new I usually just go to best and less or Kmart or target. Must say Kmart quality is terrible and I only go there for basic stuff I expect to get ruined soon.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol @ people saying KMart clothes are just as good as more expensive, quality clothing.

As someone who really does have a bit of everything, the more expensive stuff washes up looking brand new wash after wash after wash. KMart clothes don't.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

grumpysmurf  (13-09-2012),Luna Lovegood  (13-09-2012),Stiflers Mom  (12-09-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MIL certainly tries to with DD.

Almost every piece of clothing she gets is designer. And not Pumpkin Patch designer; I mean a $400 hat designer. Burberry scarves and Gucci sunglasses and whatnot. With tags, in authentic bags and packaging.

It's all incredibly tasteless, ugly and downright stupid.
    I can't even fathom putting a bright lime tartan glittery newsboy cap on a REDHEAD.

She also buys her children's sized diamond jewellery. Yes, of course giving a 2 year old a $350 gold diamond ring is responsible. Noooo, of course she won't put it in her mouth or lose it, she'll wear it on her finger and take ultra good care of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    MIL certainly tries to with DD.

Almost every piece of clothing she gets is designer. And not Pumpkin Patch designer; I mean a $400 hat designer. Burberry scarves and Gucci sunglasses and whatnot. With tags, in authentic bags and packaging.

It's all incredibly tasteless, ugly and downright stupid.
    I can't even fathom putting a bright lime tartan glittery newsboy cap on a REDHEAD.

She also buys her children's sized diamond jewellery. Yes, of course giving a 2 year old a $350 gold diamond ring is responsible. Noooo, of course she won't put it in her mouth or lose it, she'll wear it on her finger and take ultra good care of it!
    wow! lol. that's pretty full on!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Lol @ people saying KMart clothes are just as good as more expensive, quality clothing.

As someone who really does have a bit of everything, the more expensive stuff washes up looking brand new wash after wash after wash. KMart clothes don't.
    There is a difference between someone saying they are just as good and someone saying they've not had a problem with the quality of such clothes.

Who gives a crap what someone elses kid freaking wears.

You wanna go ahead and spend $100 on a top fabulous, doesn't give you the right to think you're better than others.

$100 for one top vs $100 for 20 tops the choice is nothing but the parents.

And yes i said i have not had a single problem with the QUALITY of dss clothes to date despite not treating them 'special'

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Kmart and best and less here. And target if I feel like splurging lol I don't see a point in designer clothes, kids grow way to fast for them. And you can get some nice going out outfits from the cheap stores. I also use eBay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like bummum, most of our stuff comes from op shops. I probably buy the give aways from all you brand lovers. + I get to feel smug about the environment, slave labour etc and save bucks. I guess it all depends on your priorities. I don't really get all excited about "cute" clothing and considering we spend a lot of time outdoors, it'd not get used. Image just doesn't mean too much when your kid spends 3/4 of every day chasing chickens and splashing in mid puddles.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    There is a difference between someone saying they are just as good and someone saying they've not had a problem with the quality of such clothes.

Who gives a crap what someone elses kid freaking wears.

You wanna go ahead and spend $100 on a top fabulous, doesn't give you the right to think you're better than others.

$100 for one top vs $100 for 20 tops the choice is nothing but the parents.

And yes i said i have not had a single problem with the QUALITY of dss clothes to date despite not treating them 'special'

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    How on earth do you take issue with that post? I think you need to go back and read it again.

I don't like Kmart clothes and I've never bought from best and less.

I buy heaps of lovely second hand clothes, or on sale items of varying brands. We have a few basics from Target. She wears them to childcare because otherwise they wouldn't get worn.

No Versace here though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Are people counting stuff like Sprout, Bebe, Fred Bare, etc. as designer? To me those are pretty normal high street clothes, and certainly nothing pretentious about them.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

I thought designer was more Missoni, Versace, ArmaniDior etc?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (13-09-2012),Guest654  (13-09-2012),Luna Lovegood  (13-09-2012)