+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Bahaha! Next thing you are going to try and tell me that Kmart is THE place to shop My kids wear a bit of everything- although granted I avoid places like Kmart and Best and Less- the quality is lacking and most designer shirts might cost 5 times the price but they also last 7 or 8 times longer. A tshirt from Best and Less is lucky to last 3 washes before you have to throw it out and the stains are so much harder to get out of their stuff. Where my son has been wearing some of his better branded stuff for 3 and 4 seasons and they still look immaculate- even when he plays in the dirt or paints And my kids only wear converse shoes. My son even has a couple of pairs as he has to have a certain colour for school. They wash and wear brilliantly and FWIW- even at full price I have never seen kids ones for $90 a pair. I don't think I even paid that for my husbands! Mind you we are seriously getting ripped off. My DD's shiny pink ones were brought back from the US costing a whole $10. Same shoes are being sold in David Jones for $55 (full price) No wonder Hop, Shop Go is a thriving businessDoesn't it go with your juicy couture trackies?
    Not sure how you wash your clothes but ALL of ds's clothes are kmart, best & less and some target / big w.

The kmart & best and less stuff has lasted and is in fabulous condition for my next bub,

My ds is a grot, if he even so much as blinks his clothes are somehow filthy :/

I am the mum who looks like she never cleans her kid cos he just seems to attract dirt so badly.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to intruderalert1234 For This Useful Post:

Eko  (12-09-2012),FrothyFrog  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No. I don't think designer equals more stylish either. I mix everything up. DS grows way too fast to bother. We do have a few nice things that people have given us or stuff I bought when pregnant but he grows out of it so quickly it seems silly. I love easy wash and wear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    The only designer clothes my kids wear is from local WAHM's.

Sorry there was once a dress, but I did pay for it dd brought it herself and only later found out it was a designer dress. It was her prom dress.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

DS wears second hand or target to daycare and around the house.

When we go out he wears a range of tommy, mossimo, Wayne jnr, industrie etc. all labels but not quite the calibre of Versace. I just like the look of them more and find the quality much better. That being said, I've never once paid full price. I hit the sales out of season and usually pay 1/3 of the price. For a pair of mossimo shorts that's about $15... Cheaper than target

You just have to be smart about your shopping !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

backgroundnoise  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Im not opposed to having some designer clothes for my children, but I also wouldn't care if they got those designer clothes dirty - they're kids. I still roll in the dirt with my nephew when I'm wearing really nice clothes without caring so why would I get upset if my kids did that too? It's just clothes anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews

Your standards and my standards may not be the same *shrug* Anyone who knows me will tell you I am very particular with my clothing and what is acceptable and unacceptable. Tshirts that have lost their shape, tracksuits that have pilling or fading just don't cut it with me. I don't want to have to take *special* care of clothing to make it last. I've tried on numerous occassions clothes from those stores and whilst there are always exceptions I find the majority are like that. Then there is the limited colour choices for girls (pink pink and more pink), slogans and pictures provided on their clothing.... Although granted I must admit I buy the kids socks from kmarts and baby singlets from Best and Less.
    Ewww I loathe slogans and wording on kids clothes (or any for that matter).

Worst is:
    50% angel
    50% devil

Vomit

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Your standards and my standards may not be the same *shrug* Anyone who knows me will tell you I am very particular with my clothing and what is acceptable and unacceptable. Tshirts that have lost their shape, tracksuits that have pilling or fading just don't cut it with me. I don't want to have to take *special* care of clothing to make it last. I've tried on numerous occassions clothes from those stores and whilst there are always exceptions I find the majority are like that. Then there is the limited colour choices for girls (pink pink and more pink), slogans and pictures provided on their clothing.... Although granted I must admit I buy the kids socks from kmarts and baby singlets from Best and Less.
    Seems like we have the same standards lol.

Black track pants for daycare, dark jeans any other time (although using track pants more lately as ds is toilet training).

If its pilly it gets rewashed and if its stretched out of shape its either a daycare shirt or cleaning rag depending on how bad its stretched.

No slogans either, really not a fan of slogans unless they're cute ones.

Alot of dss winter shirts did have pictures which ment he had to wear plain coloured jeans but i have found alot of lovely plain coloured stuff as well, and a wide variety including pink in the boys section.

No special care either, its washed in reject shop washing powder and either chucked on the line or in the drier depending on how lazy i am feeling.

I avoid anything that requires ironing, hate ironing clothes.

Although i do find picture shirts don't fair well in the drier.

You must have had a really bad run or choose very different stuff to me from there lol.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do Versace actually do kids clothes? That's just not a brand I ever associated with children. I'm kinda curious what Versace kids would look like now. Off to google, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Do Versace actually do kids clothes? That's just not a brand I ever associated with children. I'm kinda curious what Versace kids would look like now. Off to google, lol.
    me too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just googled, and wow they do! I'm surprised. Must say the boys suit does look rather dapper, but all the gold stuff for the girls may be a tad over the top. Black diamante studded dress is rather cute though. Looks more wearable than I expected.

Considering I never buy such designer things for myself I'm not about to start for my kids however.