+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I don't know if you classify Ralph Lauren as designer but about 75% of DS clothes are Ralph, I personally don't think they are that expensive and I find they wear really well and last plus the range and colours
    This sounds just like my DS's wardrobe! I agree that they wear well & wash even better!

Quick question where do you get yours from, because those prices you mentioned sound better than what I'm paying 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

I just buy cheap stuff from big w, as I can't afford otherwise, and he gets paint and food stains on stuff anyway.

If I could afford it, I would spend the money on dresses for myself as he's 3, so doesn't care anyway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dds wardrobe is currently full of seafolly, lonsdale, Bardot and witchery with a bit of target/pumpkin patch thrown in.A few people have made comments about how much money I spend on her clothes (in a not so nice way) For me, I like the clothes, they wear well and I care the same about her clothes getting ruined/dirty if they are expensive or cheap! If I could afford and liked Versace I would feel the same way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by The Time Has Come View Post
    This sounds just like my DS's wardrobe! I agree that they wear well & wash even better!

Quick question where do you get yours from, because those prices you mentioned sound better than what I'm paying 
    Ralphlauren.com
    Especially now when the sales are on! ( they just had a take an extra 40% off sale) I use hopshopgo to buy and ship over for me and it still works out cheaper!
    I just ordered DS some board shorts that I bought for $12, add 20% on for shipping made them $15, we saw them in David Jones Bondi in the weekend for $95!!!!!!
    I buy about 3 times a year, last month when their summer sales were on , after Xmas when the winter sales are on and around thanksgiving ( November) when everything is on sale!
    Even full price is 1/3 of what you buy here for, I loath pumpkin patch and find their stuff expensive for what you get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaliyahsmummy View Post
    Dds wardrobe is currently full of seafolly, lonsdale, Bardot and witchery with a bit of target/pumpkin patch thrown in.A few people have made comments about how much money I spend on her clothes (in a not so nice way) For me, I like the clothes, they wear well and I care the same about her clothes getting ruined/dirty if they are expensive or cheap! If I could afford and liked Versace I would feel the same way!
    I love witchery kids! Their dresses are adorable.

I mix and match between designer bits and target, depending on what it is.

Daycare clothes are Target as shes forever getting paint on them or ripping them somehow but on weekends she wears her nicer clothes when we're going out for lunches or outings.

She loves dressing up and loves her pretty dresses, nice winter coats, boots etc. I love fashion and like buying nice things so I don't see the big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dress DD in anything from Target and Cotton On to Witchery, Country Road and Ralph (high street, not really designer). I find Cotton On, Big W and Best and Less all wear through pretty quick, but some of DD's other clothes last forever.

I buy whatever looks cute and what she likes. A lot of the time she ends up in big, foofy satin skirts, or floaty soft dresses for the park or groceries because it's what she likes...

I do mostly buy at sales from Myers/David Jones or DFO...Ralph is usually from Macy's...

ETA: I'm addicted to asos for myself...why can't they have kids clothes???

Thanks
    Reviews

Nope.. I'm too cheap for designer brands.. And I don't particularly like pumpkin patch.

When I'm feeling really posh I'll shop at target but most of DD's clothes are best and less, big w etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    ETA: I'm addicted to asos for myself...why can't they have kids clothes???

I often think this!! I would love it

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know someone that does dress her daughter in only 'designer' clothes, and then complains that her clothes are so expensive . She spent $90 on a pair of Converse runners for her daughter when she was only 2 and whinged that she'd grown out of them 2 months later.
    Really?

I get mums who have a mixture (not ALL of my son's clothing is cheap! Lol) but refusing to dress your child in a pair of jeans and a tshirt just because they come from Kmart or Target seems a bit silly.
    After all, the Kmart stuff that I've had has outlasted quite a few Pumpkin Patch and Oshkosh items I've had for him by miles .

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug View Post
    Nope.. I'm too cheap for designer brands.. And I don't particularly like pumpkin patch.

When I'm feeling really posh I'll shop at target but most of DD's clothes are best and less, big w etc.
    MIL buys clothes for DS from Best & Less every now and then and even though they're more exxy than the Kmart stuff I generally get for him for knock around clothes, they're usually brilliant quality. I was surprised!