+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Designer clothes for toddlers is the height of bogan. I have lived in some extremely posh neighbourhoods and legit wealthy people would never do that. They might wear Seed and Purebaby along with Target and stuff but not full on Versace all the time. How tacky.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    I agree! Ed Hardy anyone. LOL. Gross.
    2 of my best friends dress their toddlers in fred bare, seed, country road, pure baby, bebe etc.
    One has a boy just a bit bigger than my DS2 and the other has a girl just a bit bigger than my DD.
    Sooooo who gets all the hand me downs!
    Shaaa-wing!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Turk EnJayDee  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Designer clothes for toddlers is the height of bogan. I have lived in some extremely posh neighbourhoods and legit wealthy people would never do that. They might wear Seed and Purebaby along with Target and stuff but not full on Versace all the time. How tacky.

I don't think we're bogan, or tacky. My daughter looks great when she leaves the house, regardless of whether it's Kmart, Trelise Cooper or a combination of both designer and 'cheaper' brands!

I find that Kmart has it's place but doesn't wear so well, so designer for going out on special occasions looks better. I dont' dress her in designer clothes because I want to look wealthy, I do it because I genuinely liked the clothes.

As long as she's right for the climate and appropriate for the activity who gives a hoot what the label says?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (12-09-2012),WhiteTulips  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

I would be shocked if someone could afford to dress their toddler in designer all the time...especially how fast they grow! :/

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

I don't know if you classify Ralph Lauren as designer but about 75% of DS clothes are Ralph, I personally don't think they are that expensive and I find they wear really well and last plus the range and colours are cool! his jeans are about $30 a pair, his track pants $20, t shirts $9, polos $20, hoodies $25, jumpers are the most expensive at about $40 and his most expensive puffer jacket was $65 ( but is super warm and will last 2 seasons) dress shirts $35

I don't give a rats if they get dirty as they wash and wear really well, I stupidly listened to SIL and bought him $15 best and less jeans and they had 2 wares before fading and falling apart!
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 12-09-2012 at 16:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nah, not worth the expensive for me. DD does have a Tommy Hilfiger t shirt (is that designer?) but it was .50c from an op shop and she choose it. It is a really good quality shirt actually, has lasted through 2 kids and still looks new (even though it was bought second hand).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Meh.

Each to their own.

DD wears tutus and dresses every day because she loves them. They work just as well in the playground as shorts.

They aren't Versace though. I've never seen anything Versace worth buying! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Meh, I don't really pay attention to brands, and honestly wouldn't know what brands my friends dress their kids in. Most of the time its not apparent anyway as the tag is hidden. I also know a lot of people who make their kids clothes and do a great job of it so the kids look gorgeously dressed, but it certainly didn't cost a fortune and isn't a designer brand.

Best and Less have some pretty fancy looking things these days too. They might not wear well, but on the first wear it may not be obvious that frilly, pretty dress is actually very cheap.

I might look at a friends daughter and think, oh how cute. But that's about the extent of it with how they're dressed.

I think dressing your kids is a true 'each to their own' area.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Heavens no. Posh for us is BigW or if we REALLY go upmarket it's Target.
    I rarely even put DD in a skirt or dress because she likes to climb and skirts get in the way. Just looking at my kids right now, DS is wearing a shirt that was given to him as a b'day present last year and shorts that I made him. DD is wearing a KMart top and I was too lazy to put her shorts back on after last nappy change. (Oh, she's always wearing a toy hard hat and playing with a truck with DS.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Target clothes are pricey enough lol but i buy most of my kids clothes from there cause they have some gorgeous stuff & i find it is good quality. Personally, i don't like most of the designer stuff - i'm probably in the minority here but i don't like pumpkin patch stuff. I know a lot of people don't like ed hardy stuff but i love it. Each to their own i guess I don't think it's about money, just personal taste - we could afford to dress our kids in designer stuff but i just don't like most of it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh !! Kmart stuff is great