+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchypoo View Post
    I just don't get why people are so preoccupied with what other people are doing when it is not affecting them at all.
    Secondly, I hate these post that say things like 'my friend does this' or 'I saw a mum do this' and it's basically a thinly veiled 'judge them with me, aren't they bad' conversation starter.
    Yes, not everyone can afford designer clothing, nor would everyone even be interested in it if they could, but get over it, she is simply doing her own thing. If someone started a thread bagging someone for dressing their child in clothing from Big W they would be shot down in flames in 2 seconds flat for being judgemental.
    If you read my comment I stated that my friend loves designer and spent 3 years preparing her child's wardrobe before she even planned on TTC because she knew she couldn't afford it once she quit work. I think that was a smart approach?! Where have I judged her?
    Now even though she decked out the wardrobe you can't plan seasons and has spent a lot to keep it up and wants to go back to work to be able to keep her daughter in designer. That's her choice, the question was asked do you dress DD or know of someone who dresses DD in designer.
    Then I stated I personally think there is no difference between her daughters expensive clothes and my target clothes.
    I think you maybe need to relax and let people have their opinion and if you don't like these 'threads' then don't read them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

This thread has made me feel very sad for the toddler We only have Kmart or Target (for when I went all out) clothes. Same for me mostly. I wish I could afford some more exxy stuff, but unfortunately even if it lasts 5x longer I can't afford to pay 5x the price :'(

I love SO much of the stuff and am openly very jealous and sad that I can't afford to give my toddler the best quality stuff *cries*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Seriously as long as children are dressed in clean and weather appropriate clothes who cares how much they cost?! Who are you to police how people should spend their money? As long as the family can afford it and aren't missing out on food to buy designer clothes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Charity ? Not sure why you need an explanation.
    Because first you said:

"I think designer labels are a waste of money. There are kids in this world who don't have enough water or food or shelter, that a once off donation could help solve, which is way less than what some stupid designer shirt would cost!"

And then when I said that it made no sense to draw that parallel, as we all spend money on 'frivolous' items instead of donating that money to charity, you said:

"I didn't say people should give to charity. I said it's a waste of money when the cost of one item of designer clothing could keep a child alive in Africa."

So.. I'm not understanding why you're making that point, if you're NOT saying that people should give the money to charity instead of spending it on designer clothes. Otherwise you may as well say "people shouldn't spend above [insert figure] on any frivolous or 'non worthy' item, as that amount would keep a child in Africa alive."

If you're not donating it to charity then what does it matter if you're spending it on designer clothes, high street clothes, shoes, cars, a mortgage, or leaving it in the bank? It's still not saving that child in Africa that you mention.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

millsmum  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by lucymoo View Post
    This thread has made me feel very sad for the toddler We only have Kmart or Target (for when I went all out) clothes. Same for me mostly. I wish I could afford some more exxy stuff, but unfortunately even if it lasts 5x longer I can't afford to pay 5x the price :'(

I love SO much of the stuff and am openly very jealous and sad that I can't afford to give my toddler the best quality stuff *cries*
    Ebay, markets, op shops etc... i never spend more then $5 an item or if i see something in shops i reallllly like it wait a week or so and some sort of sale will pop up

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm confused by what people think are designer. If its Pumpkin Patch, seed, etc then yes I dress DS in those. But I don't consider that designer. They are good quality clothes and are made to last. He also has a lot of k Mart, big W for kindy, op shop clothes, hand knitted jumpers (from my auntie, adorable). But I wouldn't put him in Versace. I do buy labels off eBay sometimes, if it's a good deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

To me "designer" means clothing that has as label made by a recognizable fashion designer- Versace,Dior, Gucci, Prada etc and I suppose more affordable main ****** designers like Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs , DKNY etc?

I think target sells Stella McCartney so they don't necessarily mean high end or expensive!

I find some of the clothes I buy DS are cheaper than Pumpkin Patch and Target but are "designer" ( and better quality!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    To me "designer" means clothing that has as label made by a recognizable fashion designer- Versace,Dior, Gucci, Prada etc and I suppose more affordable main ****** designers like Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs , DKNY etc?

I think target sells Stella McCartney so they don't necessarily mean high end or expensive!

I find some of the clothes I buy DS are cheaper than Pumpkin Patch and Target but are "designer" ( and better quality!)
    Yeah cool. That's what I think but people keep mentioning Pumpkin Patch. I agree though, it's about shopping smart. I'm not a fan of garish labels on anyone though. As in, obvious branding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Never been a fan of pumpkin patch. When I was pg with my first and we lived in the city we had a store near us and I almost keeled over in the store at them charging $30 for a onesie. That was 8 years ago. I did buy some stuff for her on sale and got bought some when she was born and I found it wore no better than tarjee lol I think sometimes PP is the designer for middle class families. I met a woman once that bragged that she refused to buy anything else but PP, her child didn't own an item of clothing in another brand and that her child "deserved only the best". I had to lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Super Trooper  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Because first you said:

"I think designer labels are a waste of money. There are kids in this world who don't have enough water or food or shelter, that a once off donation could help solve, which is way less than what some stupid designer shirt would cost!"

And then when I said that it made no sense to draw that parallel, as we all spend money on 'frivolous' items instead of donating that money to charity, you said:

"I didn't say people should give to charity. I said it's a waste of money when the cost of one item of designer clothing could keep a child alive in Africa."

So.. I'm not understanding why you're making that point, if you're NOT saying that people should give the money to charity instead of spending it on designer clothes. Otherwise you may as well say "people shouldn't spend above [insert figure] on any frivolous or 'non worthy' item, as that amount would keep a child in Africa alive."

If you're not donating it to charity then what does it matter if you're spending it on designer clothes, high street clothes, shoes, cars, a mortgage, or leaving it in the bank? It's still not saving that child in Africa that you mention.

I have not said people should give to charities. Show me where I said this. All I said was it is a waste of money when the cost of one single designer clothing item could save a life. Not sure how much clearer I can be?