+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    That's fair enough. But some people have said 'it's a waste of money' as a very general statement. I totally understand someone saying that for THEM it would be a waste of money - but for someone else it might not be.

Most of my (and DD's) clothes are not designer, but some are. Those that are weren't bought as an attempt to impress anyone (and I don't like things with giant logos/ brands plastered all over them). But they weren't a waste of money either. I bought them because I loved them, and it makes me happy to see them. Not a waste.

And for those who've mentioned giving to charity... Well who knows what other people give to charity? But I would hazard a guess that not everyone donates all their spare money to charities, and therefore we all have a degree of what others might consider 'waste' to spend as we choose.
    I didn't say people should give to charity. I said it's a waste of money when the cost of one item of designer clothing could keep a child alive in Africa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    the only designer thing i buy my DD is her princess ratbag skirts which she gets for her birthdays.. other then that its just the normal.
    same with DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I didn't say people should give to charity. I said it's a waste of money when the cost of one item of designer clothing could keep a child alive in Africa.
    So.. I'm confused. Why the Africa comparison?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

millsmum  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    I don't understand how buying clothes that you like and that are of a good quality is a waste of money? If you can afford it then obviously it's not. I love buying clothes for dd and I. If I could afford it and it was to my taste, we both may well be dressed top to toe in designer and couture pieces.

You might think spending money on *insert something boring such as lawn mower or double electric turbo diesel breast pump* is a great way to spend money. Each to their own.
    I come from a "poor" (by Australian standards) family,
    And even if I adored it, if it was the most awesome thing I have ever seen I still could not justify spending $100 on a shirt just because I like it,

If I had the money I could justify spending extra (not $100 though) for a shirt either Australian made and owned and for things that do not use child workers etc

but not just because I liked it,

I also could not justify buying a 1 / 2 / 3 million dollar house when you can get a decent 4/5 bedder around here for 500 - 750 thousand.

I'd make a terrible "rich snob" lol no one would even know I had money

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchypoo View Post
    It's her business if she wants to dress her daughter in designer clothing. I don't see how it is affecting your life.
    Was that for me? I'm unsure as it is right after my comment but seems to be a head bite for an unapparent reason

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    I come from a "poor" (by Australian standards) family,
    And even if I adored it, if it was the most awesome thing I have ever seen I still could not justify spending $100 on a shirt just because I like it,

If I had the money I could justify spending extra (not $100 though) for a shirt either Australian made and owned and for things that do not use child workers etc

but not just because I liked it,

I also could not justify buying a 1 / 2 / 3 million dollar house when you can get a decent 4/5 bedder around here for 500 - 750 thousand.

I'd make a terrible "rich snob" lol no one would even know I had money
    Each to their own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm another that grew up poor and is at some of the prices of kids clothes. They grow out of them so fast. I will admit I'm snobby with shoes. My kids have only the best shoes, but not bc of the name but bc nike or brooks, or clarkes school shoes last years longer than the cheap ones.

So I go for quality and get my stuff off ebay. I've bought brand new clarkes and nikes off ebay for $15 each

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

I don't buy designer labels like Versace, Burberry etc, but I'm sure I would if I could as it would all be relative. DD has a lot of Sprout & Kmart, Target & some Marie Claire & Origami which are a bit more expensive. If I like something & I can afford it, I buy it .

I don't see the biggie with anyone dressing their kids in whatever labels they wish - it doesn't bother either way!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just don't get why people are so preoccupied with what other people are doing when it is not affecting them at all.
    Secondly, I hate these post that say things like 'my friend does this' or 'I saw a mum do this' and it's basically a thinly veiled 'judge them with me, aren't they bad' conversation starter.
    Yes, not everyone can afford designer clothing, nor would everyone even be interested in it if they could, but get over it, she is simply doing her own thing. If someone started a thread bagging someone for dressing their child in clothing from Big W they would be shot down in flames in 2 seconds flat for being judgemental.
    Last edited by Witchypoo; 15-09-2012 at 06:26.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Witchypoo For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy  (15-09-2012),Maybelline  (15-09-2012),MissMuppet  (15-09-2012),NancyBlackett  (15-09-2012),PorkyPies  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    So.. I'm confused. Why the Africa comparison?
    Charity ? Not sure why you need an explanation.