+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    DS is 23 months and quite tall so I have always bought clothes a size bigger so with belts his pants easily still fit him from 6 months ago and will for probably another 6 plus months same with t shirts and shirts so I find he gets great wear out of his clothes which is why I buy better quality ones ( American sizes seem to fit him better too!)
    When DS was a baby we were given a pile of American cotton suits. The quality was amazing. I was told their cotton is better, I don't know if it's true, but the stuff was gorgeous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

I have a 3 y ear old DS who I love to dress in branded clothes. Not sure if they are classified as "designer" though! He certainly doesn't wear high-end labels! I mainly buy his clothes from Quicksilver, Lonsdale, Hurley, DC, Nike, Seed, Esprit, Gumboots etc. I love the jeans & shorts from Pumpkin Patch. We are toilet training at the moment & they are getting washed multiple times each week but still look brand new!

We have bought clothes from Kmart & Target, but never again! Not only are the designs really daggy & ugly, but they fade horribly after just a few washes!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're not high end designer, but do have a lot of Esprit, Country Road, Fred Bare, Osh Kosh, Junior Bardot etc. We also buy Target and Pumpkin Patch. I buy singlets and socks from Best and Less. I did try Big W and KMart but didn't find the quality as good.I also very rarely pay full price for anything, I buy 95% of my kids clothing on sale. I also have 3 children of the same sex and who were also all born in the same season, so great for hand me downs. Clothes are clothes here, I don't stop them from doing anything in case they ruin it!
    Last edited by 3InATub; 13-09-2012 at 19:47.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

[QUOTE=sparklebug;

I do have a friend who is disgusted by me getting 'last seasons' designs at the end of season sale from pumpkin patch online. As her children would never wear anything last season!! lol My poor kids wearing last seasons fashion- appalling [/QUOTE]

See, I find this friend a better example of meeting the criteria of 'pretentious'.

Spending money on clothes because you simply like the look of them better or you are happier with the quality compared to cheaper stores = fair enough.

Only buying the seasons latest range purely for show is pretty pretentious. Judging another mother because the pumpkin patch jeans her child is wearing is from last winter's sale is even more ridiculous !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

sparklebug  (13-09-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Nope. Couldn't care less about brands etc, I don't even recognise half the names being bandied about here. And I certainly wouldn't know if a child was wearing something from last years line. Each to their own (taste and budget) but as long as our clothes are clean, presentable and affordable I couldn't care less where they come from. In fact I'm learning to dressmake ATM, as much for the enjoyment of it as the economy.

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelex View Post
    See, I find this friend a better example of meeting the criteria of 'pretentious'.

Spending money on clothes because you simply like the look of them better or you are happier with the quality compared to cheaper stores = fair enough.

Only buying the seasons latest range purely for show is pretty pretentious. Judging another mother because the pumpkin patch jeans her child is wearing is from last winter's sale is even more ridiculous !
    I agree- don't even get me started lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Dear lord!! So what if ppl like to dress their kids in pricey clothes? I think its really sad how ppl are getting labled as bogans because of how they dress their children. Everyone is different and everyone likes different things.. What a horrible boring world it would be if we all dressed the same. I thought I escaped at this when I left high school. I think as long as children are kept warm in winter and dressed cool in summ

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Littleboyblue2014 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I think designer labels are a waste of money. There are kids in this world who don't have enough water or food or shelter, that a once off donation could help solve, which is way less than what some stupid designer shirt would cost!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (14-09-2012),twotrunks  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I saw a 1yo in a shiny polyester bright pink adidas tracksuit with bright stripes recently.

We could all agree that's objectively bogan, and have a group hug and snigger to mend our disagreements.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (13-09-2012),bumMum  (13-09-2012),delirium  (13-09-2012),FearlessLeader  (13-09-2012),millsmum  (13-09-2012),misskittyfantastico  (13-09-2012)

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Last edited by Mrs Molly Coddle; 13-09-2012 at 21:45.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Molly Coddle For This Useful Post:

intruderalert1234  (13-09-2012)