+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

We could afford it but I'd still think was a waste of money.
    They grow out of them too quickly and wreck them too easily and unless we're in public it's hard to even keep clothes on them anyway.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    unless we're in public it's hard to even keep clothes on them anyway.
    my boys are the same! Saves on the washing

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    my boys are the same! Saves on the washing
    That it does lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DD is four and it has been a long time since she has actually outgrown anything.

Dresses just get worn with tights underneath as they get shorter and then they become tops.

So I don't mind spending money on her clothes because I know the cost per wear will end up being minimal.

Obviously if she grew out as well as up or wore pants then it would be a different equation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

DS is 23 months and quite tall so I have always bought clothes a size bigger so with belts his pants easily still fit him from 6 months ago and will for probably another 6 plus months same with t shirts and shirts so I find he gets great wear out of his clothes which is why I buy better quality ones ( American sizes seem to fit him better too!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Ralphlauren.com
    Especially now when the sales are on! ( they just had a take an extra 40% off sale) I use hopshopgo to buy and ship over for me and it still works out
    Thanks so much, I'll have to check it out!! 

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    Sigh? Is there really such a big difference between saying someone's clothes are bogan and they are bogan.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    Definitely. Black jeans are the classic bogan clothing piece, yes? So does that mean anyone who wears black jeans is a bogan? No.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ah... back to the ole "what makes a bogan."

TBH, I think you class objects as bogan, but it doesn't mean that everyone who owns/uses/etc that item is a bogan. Generally they need a combination of bogan things to be a bogan. Then there's the "traditional" bogan, which is Dazza in his flanno with a mullet and acid wash jeans, a pair of pluggas, some Winnie Blues and a VB in his hand, probably watching "tha footy" with his loud-mouth mates.

But then there's the CUB (cashed-up bogan) who may not be like the above, but still has bogan traits. I they've adopted a lot of decent things and that's made them bogan by association (lol).

Just because you have false nails doesn't make you a CUB... but if you've got your pink-and-white talons with bleached long platinum hair (with extensions, of course), a Guess handbag, a lovely orange tan... etc etc... well, it takes several bogan things mixed together to get you over the line.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Cherry18Bloss  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

We buy a range of everything, target, seed, the Myer brands, gap, Ralph, and some designer brands.

I don't buy from best and less, big w and Kmart, unless it's bonds- which I don't know if it's just me, but bonds is not what it used to be! I'm just not happy with the the quality in these stores.

We also buy some designer. That said I wouldn't pay $50 for a t-shirt. Although if I can get a good quality item for the same as target- why not?

I do have a friend who is disgusted by me getting 'last seasons' designs at the end of season sale from pumpkin patch online. As her children would never wear anything last season!! lol My poor kids wearing last seasons fashion- appalling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparklebug View Post

I don't buy from best and less, big w and Kmart, unless it's bonds- which I don't know if it's just me, but bonds is not what it used to be! I'm just not happy with the the quality in these stores.
    D
    Yep bonds is totally cr@p now! They stopped making their products in Australia and their quality has definitely gone down. I refuse to buy anymore of their products