+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

No but only because I can't afford it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Yes - I do 95% of the time, mostly pumpkin patch, surf brands, fred bare, indie kids, gumboots etc. are they even designer brands? Its only because i like the designs and when on sale not much dearer then target or big w.

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just buy for quality, happy with pumpkin patch or target (though Im not liking targets designs atm). Big W is good for really messy play stuff. I found kmart and b&l shocking so I don't bother. Most of my boys stuff that was pp/target has lasted both DS1 and DS2 which I think makes it worth it, I've had to throw out a lot of the cheaper stuff because they loose elasticity in the waists or are stretched out of shape.

P.S I don't give a hoot what other people put their kids in, as long as they are comfy and dressed for weather *meh* (though I do dislike discriminative slogans)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

I buy brand name stuff (mostly Ralph Lauren) for special occasions etc and then Kmart & target clothes for everyday wear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Do they call mums that buy them names ?
    Usually bogan or trashy.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I don't really go for names, just good quality stuff for a good price. I really could care less what others dress their kids in, their business and their money (I think it's silly spending 50 bucks on a shirt they outgrow in 3 months but not my call).

But I know someone that dresses her kids in all label stuff, the kids are always kitted out in the latest brand names. Little do people know she'll spend her last $100 on billabong shorts for them rather than put food in the cupboards or pay her rent or alternatively, she puts hundreds of dollars worth of brand name stuff on her parents account (cries poor begging for their help) then never pays it back.

So my long winded point lol is if you can afford 50 bucks for a shirt, go for it. But when you don't have the money and are trying to make the kids a status symbol while you're getting disconnection notices for your electricity... probably not a wise choice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Who cares? As long as your kids are wearing clothes (and seasonal appropriate clothes at that, putting your kid in a singlet and shorts in middle of winter, not good idea) then all is well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Do they call mums that buy them names ?
    Yep, they did the other day. Seems bogan is the new buzzword of the moment. Everyone and everything is bogan. Names are bogan, clothes are bogan, furniture is bogan, haircuts are bogan, mobile phones are bogan. Its reached the point where I figure bogans must be in the majority so there's no point resisting anymore. May as well just go with the bogan flow. Its a bit like that Dr Suess Sneetches story....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Yep, they did the other day. Seems bogan is the new buzzword of the moment. Everyone and everything is bogan. Names are bogan, clothes are bogan, furniture is bogan, haircuts are bogan, mobile phones are bogan. Its reached the point where I figure bogans must be in the majority so there's no point resisting anymore. May as well just go with the bogan flow. Its a bit like that Dr Suess Sneetches story....
    ~sigh~ she posted that she felt slogans and skulls on clothes were bogan, not that the people are bogan.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    ~sigh~ she posted that she felt slogans and skulls on clothes were bogan, not that the people are bogan.
    Sigh? Is there really such a big difference between saying someone's clothes are bogan and they are bogan.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub