+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

what do you think of it? i have a friend who dresses her 2 girls in designer clothes, and even tho it's cute, sometimes it looks way over the top. the skirts are so puffy and frilly i can't imagine they can even sit down properly! lol. they almost look ready to go to beauty pagent's sometimes, i find it bizarre, because the girls are so concerned about not ruining their clothes that they hardly play at the playground with the other kids.. they seem to get really upset when they dirty themselves. I'm talking about Versace kind of designer clothes, not pumpkin patch or anything like that.

Nobody has ever seen the girls in a t-shirt or just casual shorts, or a jumper that's just a normal jumper, or even a romper suit/onesie when they were babies.

I do like to dress my dd up from time to time on a special occasion, but i prefer her to be comfortable and not worry about what she's wearing/if it will get dirty etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

My sister would dress my nephews in designer clothing, then get upset when they got dirty! I don't really see the point, kids grow out of clothes so quickly that I don't see the point on spending $50+ on a t shirt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The majority of DD's clothes are hand-me-downs from her cousins, so when it comes to buying clothes for her I don't mind if something costs a bit more. In saying that - I wouldn't buy an $100 t-shirt but if it's a good winter coat or a gorgeous summer dress, something I know she would get lots of wear out - of I'm perfectly fine with it.

I look more for whether I like the clothes, whether they're practical, age appropriate, well made, not 'pagenty' and don't have stupid slogans or pictures on them.

DD knows that when we go somewhere that involves climbing and play, that dresses make it more difficult, so she usually complies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No, I don't dress my boy in designer clothes for these reasons:

1) Can't justify spending that kind of money on clothes
    2) I don't want the stress of worrying if he will ruin his clothes with general day to day wear/eating/playing
    3) I'm just not interested in high fashion!

I don't know anyone who dresses their children in high end fashion.

I feel sorry for a child who is too worried about getting their clothes dirty to have fun!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

I don't because she grows so fast. Having said that, a friend of mine buys her Versace or Dior for her birthday and occassionally we will dress her in it for special occassions.

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: do you dress your toddler dd in designer clothes? or know of anyone who does?

I dress my DD in some designer clothes BUT... I've never bought them.

They come from aunties, uncles and grandparents!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Designer clothes for toddlers is the height of bogan. I have lived in some extremely posh neighbourhoods and legit wealthy people would never do that. They might wear Seed and Purebaby along with Target and stuff but not full on Versace all the time. How tacky.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (12-09-2012),Bec2686  (13-11-2012),Bennos Mummy  (13-09-2012),karisha  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do occasionally, but not for the majority of the time.

If I see something I like for her then I'll get it, and sometimes that might be high street and sometimes (more occasionally) designer.

I don't ever worry about her getting clothes dirty though, or stop her from playing/ doing anything.

She's a pretty clean kid, as far as 2 year olds go, and never seems to get muddy or too dirty from playing/ eating. Not sure why really. She doesn't like getting too dirty, but that's really not something we've instilled in her. She was like it from as far back as I can remember - never liked dirt on her hands/ face.

I don't see any problem with designer clothes, or any particular style of clothes (even if it seems a bit dressy). But I don't like the idea of restricting what kids do because of their clothes - that's the part that seems a bit wrong to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's impractical and silly - but I think that of grown up designer clothes, too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

ICanDream  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I wear Ralph Lauren, tommy etc.. I dont find it designer? So I guess yeah I will when bubs is born but I will mix it up with target, best & less.