We moved house last year, and my little one continued to attend the same childcare, which is about 30mins drive away our new local public school.
I'm a bit torn as to what to do with his childcare/kindy until then.
He has made some really good friends at his current childcare, knows all the staff and we are very happy with the care they provide him. His childcare is right near my work, so the distance is not much of an issue at the moment.
He turns three at the end of this month, and will be moving up to the pre-kindy room. His current childcare does not have kindy services, but their sister centre (about 5 mins away from the current childcare) does. His best friend will be attending the sister centre when they are ready to attend kindy.
I'm a bit torn as to when to move him. Has anyone had experience with this before? Is it better to move him now, or soon (pre-kindy), wait until he starts kindy (2014) or just wait until he starts school?
He's had a lot of changes already this year, and hasn't always coped the best... so I'm a bit hesitant to put him through more changes at this stage, but want to do the best for him.