+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Waiting lists for anon sperm donor??

So this week has def been a better one!

We picked our donor last night :-) just have to wait for the goods to arrive up here, which will hopefully be in the next few days. Can't pick my drugs up til then and hoping the red lady stays at bay so we can jump straight in :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news, picked donor now ready for first IUI next month!

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Good work Mumma! Looks like there's been movement on the list this week :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Veritas.... that's great news that you've picked your donor. I'm just doing the maths for IVFA = on the list (for IVF for ICSI) 8/10/12, picked donor 13/2/12 - just over four months. Did you get the list too many days ago, or basically the day you choose the donor? It means we will be there soon, though not in time for next week, but we're fine with that now.

Mumma75.... great news too for you. Are you also with IVFA? When did you join the list?

When I read about the poor person in WA who has to wait 18 months, I'm certainly glad that I live here in NSW, even though 4 months waiting has been agonising.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep Mgc we got access the day we picked, wasn't wasting a moment.

Have you done all your counseling?

All I can say is be persistent with them and check in constantly. I think it would have been longer if we didn't.

Just trying to keep on track with where our swimmers are, friends missed a cycle cos theirs wasn't sent when it was supposed to have been because the nurse on this end hadn't done the paperwork.

Kirsty is amazing ill say that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas.... Yes, we have done a face-to-face 1 hour 20 min counselling session at Fertility First, and then had a 1 hour phone session at IVFA (as IVFA kept changing our appointment times, and in the end they could tee it up at a convenient time, and because we'd already had a face-to-face session at Fertility First, they were happy doing ours over the phone - save three hours driving!)

Thanks for the tip to keep ringing. Even though we're good not to have it for next week, I think I might just ring and enquire anyhow. I also like your tip for once the donor sperm is chosen. I guess that's the thing we've learnt all the way along, keep ringing and checking every step of the process.

It must be a good feeling to be on your new journey. I'm excited for you :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Just trying to keep on track with where our swimmers are, friends missed a cycle cos theirs wasn't sent when it was supposed to have been because the nurse on this end hadn't done the paperwork.
    I checked/reminded the nurses at all of my ultrasounds and blood tests, even after they said the sperm had arrived at the correct location, and reminded the scientist immediately before EPU.
    Also, when you do the cycle paperwork with your FS, make sure he/she selects the donor sperm option and writes in the donor code - or do it yourself like I usually did.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I've learnt a lot from my previous two cycles, and that's why I "bother" the nurses at each test, and go over everything in fine detail, so they have the whole picture of what's going on with me. It's amazing how sometimes I've mentioned something incidently, and they didn't know, e.g. like the first nurse I saw at the beginning of this cycle, who started to explain how to jab the needle in. After a good five minutes of me saying, yes, I know how to do it, and DH will be doing it etc etc, I realised she didn't know that this was my 3rd cycle. When I told her that, along with, "doesn't it say that in my paperwork?", she said, "oh, that's why you seemed to know what you were doing"!!!! Unbelievable!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC - thanks for the advice about checking with Nurses. I'm with IVFA joined the list beginning of October last year.

Thanks
    Reviews

We went on the list at IVFA in early December so ill be following this thread to see when you all get that phone call!