+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Veritas.... now it's been three months for you, are you going to phone them and ask how your name is going? Or will you just wait out the time? Since we put our name down at the end of October, we're after you, so I'm rather hanging out to find out how your name is going.

AFM... at the moment we're holidaying in Tasmania, so thankfully are keeping fairly busy and trying not to think about waiting lists and what's to come.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Waiting lists for anon sperm donor??

Stay safe down in the apple aisle! We've wanted to holiday there for a while now too :-)

I haven't called as yet. Was in touch with them just before Christmas and they said end of Jan at that point so I'm going to try and hold out from harassing them til then lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-01-2013)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Are you planning on calling them soon mgc to see your progress?? It would be interesting to see where you guys are at, as we are a same sex couple you may well get the call up before us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas.... I plan to call the donor co-ordinator about 21 Jan, if I haven't heard already by then, as we'll be seeing the FS that week, and want to know if donor sperm will be available so we can make a decision one way or another. I'll post as I get any info. I know, this waiting is driving us all crazy!!

Thanks, enjoying our holiday in Tasmania greatly, and have been on the other side of the state, well away from the fires. Very lucky :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

A little update mgc. Contacted the donor coordinator today as we have an appt Monday for any last tests and to set a treatment plan in place. Feedback I got this time was while she hopes for end of jan it's more than likely to be end of feb now depending on who's in front of us in the waitlist and whether they are ready to go.

So looks like yet more waiting. Had been tooing and froing about doing a juice fast so looks like I will now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas... I am just shaking my head at the whole wait list process. I just can't understand why they can't just order in an extra 10 donors or something, if there are people waiting. Surely it doesn't take months for paperwork to be sent to their American counterparts asking for more. I can understand there's a shortage in Australia, but the info from the US shows there's heaps that match up to Australian standards. But I understand that IVFA isn't going to speed-up their process, so I take a few more breaths, and wait. I'll let you know how I go next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's interesting ... when we got to the top at the list and looked through the selection, only about 2 or 3 of the donors were US ones anyway. I don't know why they don't just import more. But I think it's partly beacuse it has to not only meet our lab testing criteria, but the donor has to be cool with not being anonymous & going on the register, due to our laws. AND in NSW we have the 5 family limit (in Victoria it's 10), so there are probably less US donors that meet all those criteria.

Thanks
    Reviews

It's funny you say that peonies, the clinic I transferred from had no less than 20 - 30 American donors at any given time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah - they work with more sperm banks. IVFA don't, which is the problem.

Thanks
    Reviews

My clinic in qld said that laws were changing and that the USA donors are being phased out until they undergo a counselling process before the donate as they don't do that at the moment and it is part of Australia's criteria.