+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I understand MGC, when I first went through our list I was so upset - not one of them was DH. However we finally agreed of physical characteristics that were plausible, an acceptable medical history and general values/education that matched what we had. Regardless it was a difficult decision. I have re-read the information so many times now that I am pg, just to convince myself that I have made the right choice, though ultimately I think our influence will be much bigger than the genetics.

With this cycle we ended up with an Australian donor, but had used US on previous cycles. No one had mentioned a $2500 fee, so I think it might be just your clinic. I was with QFG in Queensland.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we spent a good while last night, and yah, we have chosen one. DH's first choice was a smoker, and I just couldn't bear thinking about smoking for the rest of my life. DH wasn't keen on my first choice, but both of us chose the same second choice and we're happy with that (plus the photo looks a little like DH's nephew, so I think that may have been a factor). Our donor is a US one, which is considerable more expensive per go to an Australian one, but in the end, the money wasn't a factor. However we have decided that we aren't paying the extra $2500 to save sperm for later babies, and will just take pot luck that the donor will still be there, or otherwise we will just choose another (if we decide to even try for two, which I really don't think we will be).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

two souls  (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we have chosen one! We had a look last night and the first one we looked at looks to be the best match. There wasn't a lot to choose from and none aus ones that matched up. The closet one was Italian heritage. The forms for the USA ones are a lot more detailed and I liked that. So the one I think we will end up with will be a USA donor. Going to have a think over today and have another chat about it but I'm pretty sure that's the one. We will probably pay the extra to get to import more cause we would like more than 1 if we can. Hopefully we are on the way now to making baby!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (26-03-2013)

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by two souls View Post
    I think we have chosen one!
    Good to hear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TwoSouls.... I feel rather relieved now that we've chosen - it was kind of like just doing the choosing was a hurdle in itself. Funnily DH and I met on a dating website, so when we were choosing the donor sperm, we commented how similar it was as when we were looking through all those dating profiles a number of years ago!!

AFM... Started sniffing Syranel this morning, so underway :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Bertie my DH and I said the same thing!! Our donor couldn't be any more perfect even our families are saying how much he sounds like DH. I just hope it works 🙏. We nearly missed out on him. When we looked on Monday he had 3 spots left so we thought we would think about it for a few days. Got back on yesterday morning just to double check that's who we wanted and he only had 1 spot left! I was clicking 'choose' like a mad woman!! So close!

That's great about the sniffing 😀. When will EPU be?

AFM We are off to do the finial counselling session and see the Dr on Tuesday and hopefully get out next cycle organised. Also it has been about 35 days since my last period after EPU and still no period. Maybe it has messed them up a little. Hopefully they come soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twosouls.... Oh that was so close!! So glad that you got him in the end. I discussed with DH about telling and showing our families all the information about the donor, but he was very hesitant, so I kind of let it drop for a couple of days. Then I rang my Mum and told her all about it over the phone - she was over the moon and very interested. The other night when we had dinner at my parents with my two siblings, I brought out all the information and they spent the next hour reading through the 30 page profile. It was interesting to see the different questions coming - all my Dad was worried about was whether the donor can contact the child, so he was pleased to hear that he can't, and that the child can only get those details when he/she is 18. My Mum read the information with a fine tooth comb, so I ended up leaving the document with her so she can read it all again at leisure. I think DH was a bit surprised how interested my family were to know all the details, so now I'm trying to work out a plan to bring it to show his parents.

I was supposed to start Syranel on the 25/3 but my BT levels weren't high enough, so after another BT I started Syranel 4 days later on the 29/3. As EPU was originally sheduled for 19/4 I think this will mean it will be pushed out 3-4 days, so perhaps EPU will be about 22/4. However, I hope I haven't messed it up, as last night I went out for dinner and forgot to take the Syranel, so couldn't take it until I got home, 4 hours late!! The instructions said then just to get back to the normal times. I've now set my mobile with all the times. I can't believe it takes me to the 4th cycle to forget a dose - you would think I would have it down-pat!!

Hmmm, so your period came alright after EPU (just to muck it up and give you a BFN), and now you're waiting for the next one it doesn't come! Typical!!

AFM....DH's auntie mentioned today how her daughter (DH's cousin) has just got pregnant on her first month of trying for her 2nd child, just the same as she did with the 1st child. Not really what I wanted to hear. I totally froze, but thankfully DH saved the day and said some nice congratulatory words about it. I know it's not her fault (nor the cousin's fault) that we can't get pregnant at all (naturally or with IVF), but you would think people would be a bit more sensitive when talking to a 40 year married women with no children. Feeling a bit down - better go and eat a couple more Easter eggs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Bertie
    We went for our finial counselling session on Tuesday and a drs appointment. The counselling went well didn't really talk about anything new but she seemed pretty happy with where we are both at emotionally.

Saw the dr and asked about not having my period in around 42 days said it was fine took a blood test to see where I was at in my cycle and of course I got them the next morning!
    He wants to so me on an antagonist cycle next for reasons I don't know. I tried to ask but he told me not to worry he knows what he is doing. If the next few cycles don't work I might consider changing drs I feel like things are being explained enough and I don't feel like I'm free to ask questions. So we could of started a cycle this month but we are going away for a few days at the end of April so might as well start on the next one. So that's where we are at.

How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twosouls.... apart from constantly snapping at poor DH I'm OK. I really should go and give him some cuddles now to make up for it, the poor thing.

Interestingly we've seen 5 FS now in the past 18months, and though they've all been OK, I've found the same thing about all 5 of them - they all only seem to tell you what they want to. They seem relatively happy to tell you some things, but once a plan is made, then it's like they can't get you out of their office quick enough - sign on the line and that's it for talking. It took us a while to work that out, and since then we have all our questions written down beforehand, and sit there going through each thing. As they say something new, I write it down the bottom, and at the end I say "right, so I just want to check that I've got it right". At our last FS appointment, Professor Illingworth actually yawned twice during our discussion. Once was at some point that I could tell he wasn't impressed with my list of questions, but I thought, "I'm paying for this, so I don't care that you're yawning, you're going to sit there until you've answered all my questions". Perhaps he was genuinely tired, as he perked up a bit later when we insisted on doing the two petri dish thing (for DH sperm and donor sperm).

I don't know anything about the "antagonist" cycle, so hopefully others here can fill you in or you find some information on Dr Google (oh how my GP always rolls her eyes when I mention I've been googling things!!)