+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Waiting lists for anon sperm donor??

Bertie I would be so annoyed!!! Thank god you didn't need it. There's seems to be a lot of movement on this list this week. I might ring on Monday and just see where we are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Twosouls.... yes, definitely ring on Monday, or even better still, ring tomorrow, Friday, because I'm sure that's what prompted the email - various left messages during the week. I've decided I'm just going to be proactive from now, and ring every day until I get what I want (e.g. rang yesterday for medical certificate, none sent, rang today, left message, so will be ringing tomorrow!!)

Well, we have 1 egg fertilised. It's our lucky one and we're happy that we've got something. As much as I was so hoping for all 3 to be fertilised, I am very thankful it wasn't zero.

Interestingly, the scientist said that they will still watch the other two in case they've missed the action of the pronucleus at the 16-20 hour mark. Has anyone heard of clinics saying that if they weren't watching at the exact time, that there's still a possibility that on day 2 they may find they've divided, and obviously did fertilise, but was missed? Even though this is my third cycle, it seems I am constantly learning new things about IVF.

As there's only one, Prof I wants to transfer it on Day 3, so that will be Saturday. Apparently he prefers only doing Day 5 transfers if there's more than one, so they choose the best. So now I'm going to search for successes of Day 3 transfers, as I'd had my heart set on a Day 5 transfer this time.

So I will see if we get to the transfer stage (as I said probably Sat) and then I will ring Kirsty and say we won't need the donor sperm at least til after the 2WW, so maybe that might push you up the list too (if we don't need it for a few weeks yet).

Of course, now we have an additional choice, as obviously DH's one sperm can fertilise my egg, so DH is already talking about doing ejaculates and even the microdissection, if this embryo doesn't work. I'm trying not to think about that, as I really think if it doesn't work that there's something inherently wrong with the sperm, and we should move to donor sperm and see how we go (primarily because time is not on our side).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had a call from the lab to say that our one precious little embryo is looking "beautiful" and has divided into 4 cells, which is great news for day 2. We're very, very happy with that. We will be having the transfer tomorrow, so another early start for us :-))

The other two eggs haven't done anything, so the technician thinks that's it. They will still keep them until tomorrow, but she says they will start to degenerate now that it's been two days since EPU.

So all hope and excitement for our one little precious one :-))

Have sent Kirsty, the donor sperm co-ordinator, an email to say that we won't be needing the sperm, for at least two weeks yet (until results of pregnancy BT are in), and she replied that we just stay at the top of the list until we need it. I don't know how that works, considering we don't need it at the moment, so am hoping it frees up a place for someone who would want sperm in the next two weeks???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, with just one sperm... I can say I'm PUPO!!! Kind of seems a miracle to get even to that stage, when the majority of men have 50,000 sperm each time, and here we are with an embryo from just 1 good sperm!! The other two eggs (which probably had the twitchers) didn't do anything.

I had my ET this morning, and unlike in my first cycle, that speculum thing hurt absolutely massively. I was in so much pain, and I told Prof I so. At one point I was hurting so much that I was about to faint, and thought I was going to mess up the whole ET. I mostly had my eyes shut, and only opened them briefly to see my beautiful 7 cell grade A embryo on the screen. Then I closed them again and instructed DH to look lots at the embryo and enjoy it for me!!! The ET was nothing like my first cycle ET, nor pap smears etc, but Prof I didn't seem fazed that I was in inordinate amount of pain, and just said it will be over soon. That 5-10 minutes was the longest ever. As soon as he took it out, it was fine, but I'm sure it wasn't in right or something. Anyhow, not withstanding excruciating pain, we have one beautiful 7 cell grade A embryo transferred, and Prof I seemed very happy about that. And so are we

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got our phone call Monday 4th March to say we can look at the list

6. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Recent roll call for donor sperm waiting list (I think we're all at IVFA):
    - Veritas (IVF / ICSI) on list 8/10/12 top of list 13/2/13 - just over 4 months
    - MGC (IVF / ICSI) on list 22/10/12 top of list 20/2/13 - just under 4 months
    - Mumms75 (IUI) on list Sep/12 top of list Feb/13 - just over 5 months
    - TwoSouls (IVF/ICSI) on list ? Nov/ 12 top of list 4/3/13 - 4 months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did everyone get told they would only be able to view the hero donors only? We were told that so would only have around 8 to look at and to make it to the top of the 'everyone' list would be months away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as I'm on the list with Ivf Australia/hunter Ivf.... Veritas I see dr hedges... I've been on the list since September and am waiting on iui I think there is movement as I've had a few calls from Gayle lately wanting me to get counselling and drs appt in ASAP!!! Fingers crossed I reach the top soon!!!! Good luck to those ladies starting the Ivf cycle

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely get your counseling and appts all done as that can speed up the process for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I meant donors who will only donate to heterosexual couples...