+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are we the only ones who were ripped off and had to pay over $8k each cycle then?

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Waiting lists for anon sperm donor??

I just consented to $8,800 which inc's donor sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, when I did my IVF with donor sperm last year at Flinders, there was no waiting list, after 2 face to face counselling sessions then we started our IVF journey. However, Flinders doesn't do IUI with donor sperm. Just for your information. Cheers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    Are we the only ones who were ripped off and had to pay over $8k each cycle then?
    Nope. Our last cycle was over $10k upfront. Oh, how I fondly remember our first cycle at around $6k.
    Edit: and we had to pay for the compulsory donor counselling sessions - 3 for us (since we used known then anon. donor) and 1 for the known donor.
    Last edited by felicita; 20-02-2013 at 16:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe, yes I'm so worried that someone will recognise the green cooler bags, that's why I take my own. A couple of times I've had to take it to work with lots of ice bricks in it, as I couldn't risk putting the meds in the staff fridge and instead store it in my dark, coolish cupboard. So far, no-ones commented on it!

We had mixed results today. My EPU resulted in 6 eggs being picked up, 3 mature ones with the other 3 being way too young to catch up. Since I was hoping for 2-3 mature ones, I'm feeling as happy as can be about this.

As for DH, Dr Golovsky worked hard and found 1 "good" swimmer ) He came out and seemed very disappointed by this, since he was sure of getting much more, since he liked DH's Inhibin B level (27) and had been very confident. Basically he found the same in the micro-dissection as what we've got in all previous ejaculate samples, so he couldn't at all explain why there wasn't more. He cut both testes open, but apart from that one there were just abnormal ones (big heads, no tails) and immotile ones (not moving). They collected everything in any case for the scientists to work their magic on. Also even though taking Arimedex improved various reproductive levels for DH, in the end it didn't produce more sperm or better sperm :-( I guess it was worth a shot.

This afternoon, 6 hours after the operations a scientist finally rang (I was starting to freak out that it was all pear shaped), but she explained that they managed to find a couple more sperm that were "twitching". We've heard this before in previous cycles, meaning that they are sort of alive, but not moving, until poked!! So they chose three (I'm presuming the goodish one and two twitchers) and injected them into my three eggs.

So no extra sperm to freeze - it's this or next cycle will be donor sperm. So now we just wait until tomorrow to find if any of my 3 precious eggs like partying with DH's sperm and fertilise by morning :-)) So far it's probably the best outcome we have with 40 year old eggs and a DH with 1 sperm :-)))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck MGC Bertie. I really hope this cycle is an example of that often repeated phrase "It only takes one," for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have everything crossed for you MGC Bertie. Really hope those few sperm turn out to be successful.

Poor Dr G - he must be due to hit the jackpot soon.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Haven't heard yet this morning if there's any eggs fertilised, HOWEVER I did get an email just now from Kirsty saying that we're at the top of the donor sperm waiting list!! So glad we didn't end up needing it yesterday as I would have been mighty peeved!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG isn't that just typical??? I would be furious anyway. That is really poor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies.... Yes, it seems like a lot of unnecessary stress in the past week, ringing her and thinking about the donor list. If she'd just said yes, choose a donor, have it as back-up what a lot of tears and stress would have been saved.