+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a very small family. I was always brought up calling my grandmother's close friends Aunty or Uncle even though they weren't related. They were the people that were there for my grandmother through thick and thin and I wouldn't dream of not treating them as if they were blood .

Not everyone has relationships like that though. We've had a couple of friends try to claim the title but we just subtly discouraged it by not using the it ourselves.
    DS only has one Aunty that's not actually related, and that's my best friend. None of our other friends have been around in our lives for long enough to justify it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I grew up calling my godfather Uncle and I still do call him uncle but he was the only one not related to me that got that title.

DS so far has decided to call one of our friends uncle with none of our input into it. I don't mind because I know he really likes him and he would be a great uncle.

DP tries to get him to say uncle/aunty for his godparents but he hasn't started yet and I'll leave it to him if he wants to start saying it.

I would never call a cousin aunty or uncle.. how confusing!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub