+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you get up before the kids to do chores?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHA...

AhAHAHAHAHAHA....

OMG STOP... HAHAHAHAHAHA....

Wait... people seriously GET OUT OF BED when they don't actually have to? For real?

They's cray cray.

(And by that, I hope you get the fact that never in a million years would I get up before DD in order to clean).
    Lol, classic!

I wouldn't set the alarm to get up for that reason, but when dh leaves at 530am and I can't sleep then I might.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Yes. Dd2 wakes up for a feed at 5am and after I put her to bed - I put some laundry on, prepare breakfast, pack the pram for our morning walk and then have a heavenly cup of tea by MYSELF. DH occ joins me for breakfast if he chooses to get up.

Dd1 wakes up around 6am.
    This sounds so nice to me!

I have happy childhood memories of waking up to Mum and Dad up and about doing their morning jobs etc. There is no way that DH and I manage to get up before our kids though. Doesn't help that DD2 has always been a VERY early riser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHA...

AhAHAHAHAHAHA....

OMG STOP... HAHAHAHAHAHA....

Wait... people seriously GET OUT OF BED when they don't actually have to? For real?

They's cray cray.

(And by that, I hope you get the fact that never in a million years would I get up before DD in order to clean).

Don't think I could have put it much better lol! If I wake up before DD I cherish every quiet, super comfy moment in bed until she lets me know its time to be mummy!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TnA For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally, if I have to get out of bed early to have a shower I call that a chore

I am not a morning person and as such I try to stay hidden under my blankets as long as possible which on a good day is 7am. I do wake when DH goes to work at 6.30 but rarely get up, I just roll over and pray for some more time!

Thanks
    Reviews

Total opposite in this house. DD1 and DD2 have become early risers of late and will watch tv, let the dog out and fix themselves breakfast. DH and
    I do not rise until 7.30 or when the baby stirs, whichever comes first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hell no! I stay in bed until my son wakes, then bring him back to bed for cuddles until he insists on getting up. I hate mornings, and my son is only starting to sleep reasonably, so I prefer to get stuff out of the way at night or have him 'help' me during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nope nope nope... the only times I have gotten up to a quiet house after a late night (eg new years day) I enjoy the peace with a cuppa.

Now ds1 lets the world know he is awake with the sun.. and wakes baby up too.

"Mum, sun up, mum time to wake up, moon's gone, sun up Mum, get me out of bed" lol

Thank god for daylight saving where it will be dark an hour longer in the mornings

Thanks
    Reviews
    are you crazy?

HELL NO!

sleep is precious. i'm still trying to make up for all the hours i lost 10 years ago when my son was born. now that i have an 11mo as well i cherish each precious minute in my beautiful king size bed.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am awake between 6:30 and 7:00 everyday. I dont leave my bed until 7:15-7:30 though :-)
    I have no chores to do it's all done before I jump into bed at night so I wake to a clean house ad just have to make the beds.
    The most I will do it get into the shower if it's a hair washing day otherwise I generally shower at night (I only wash hair twice a week)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

The whole concept is completely alien to me.