+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CookingMonster View Post
    Organization - I think that's what I'm struggling with the most. Gone are the days when we can just go out and grab some lunch at the last minute. Usually my DD would eat a sausage roll but now I have to be more organised and bring things with me. I guess this will become second nature.

I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with.

Is sushi gluten free? If it is this will solve my problem above.

For those with kids that were diagnosed young, how long on a gluten free diet did it take to notice a difference? My DD is always sick - last week with a viral chest infection, this week with fevers and diarrhoea. She never seems to be well. Also her speech is delayed. Just wondering when I can expect to see some change? As you can imagine I'm hanging out for this.
    Some sushi/sushi places are. The best commercial place is actually Sushi Sushi which is in a lot of shopping centres. They have a list of all of their GF products and actually also have GF soy/Tamari in the little fish for 20c a piece kind of thing.

My local sushi joint also lists what of their sushi is GF. Sushi was a staple for me almost every weekend. Dying for it now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Coeliac disease support thread

My sushi place is gluten free (and offers gluten free soy! For an extra 50cents!)

Really loving the Carmen's muesli bars I brought the mix box yesterday and with being pregnant I can say best snack ever!

Can I ask what yoghurt you eat? I know you have to be careful with dairy.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Oh and also on the Chinese food front do you have noodle box where you live? It's a bit more exy and I know it's not really 'traditional Chinese' but they do wheat free sauces That's my take out preference when out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fav takeout whilst also a bit on the exxy side too is either Grilld or Nandos

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse84 View Post
    My fav takeout whilst also a bit on the exxy side too is either Grilld or Nandos
    I don't have grilld here? Is it in Sydney! What kind of food is it?

I also love good life pizza organic & they do gluten free bases mm i am getting hungry now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grill'd burgers. We have heaps in Brisbane. I thought they were Australia-wide.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CookingMonster View Post
    For those with kids that were diagnosed young, how long on a gluten free diet did it take to notice a difference? My DD is always sick - last week with a viral chest infection, this week with fevers and diarrhoea. She never seems to be well. Also her speech is delayed. Just wondering when I can expect to see some change? As you can imagine I'm hanging out for this.
    It took a few weeks to notice a difference with my DS. He is also speech delayed (that link between the stomach and the brain, I knew nothing of!) his speech is only just starting to pick up (2 months after diagnoses) but he is a different person! He is such a happy little man now (even tho he has just picked up a stomach bug)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I eat the Mac it is so yummy!!

I haven't seen the mountain bread I am waiting for my info pack to help shop.

I really enjoy the cereals! And have found wheat free oats and GF
    Coles and Woollies both stock the Mountain Bread.

KMGG - those wraps look good, will have a look out for them. We tried the Freedom Foods wraps but the were disgusting!

Also Lowan Whole Foods make a Rice Porridge with Orchard Fruits that my DD likes - I get it from Coles. Have also made our own by buying rice porridge from the wholefoods shop and adding our own fruit.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I don't have grilld here? Is it in Sydney! What kind of food is it?

I also love good life pizza organic & they do gluten free bases mm i am getting hungry now.
    I see you are in sa - me too. No I haven't heard of grill'd either but I have been to good life. Their pizzas are yum!

Any suggestions for coeliac friendly restaurants/cafes in Adelaide?
    Last edited by CookingMonster; 15-09-2012 at 15:58.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Subscribing so I can come back to this thread later

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast