+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe it isn't such a good thing that is is so much better, we are buying so much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse84 View Post
    I too hated the old recipe but I went through half a loaf in one lunch sitting the other day of the new stuff. Love it!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am getting a bread maker on the weekend, then FX I can bake my own bread ATM I am paying $7.50 for a dairy free/GF bread at a free foods shop. I still haven't found any wraps I like yet

I am soooo over rice it isn't funny

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coeliac disease support thread

Subscribing, I have had this disease for 10 years...

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Coeliac disease support thread

Would anyone mind if I subscribe too? I totally understand if you want to hear from coeliacs only, but I'd love to read along and get some gf ideas for my wheat intolerant kids. I really struggle with variety & ideas, and AFM always on the lookout for inspiration (and didn't want to just silently subscribe )

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I still haven't found any wraps I like yet
    Our oldest DD has coeliac disease, confirmed by a biopsy.

We like the mountain bread wraps - there are a few varieties that are gluten free.

She also likes the Orgran brand pasta, and recently I found they make a macroni cheese - add milk and microwave that she really likes. I add some chopped ham, spinach & frozen corn. Handy for a quick meal.

We have a great wholefoods shop that stocks a huge range of gluten free products.

Thanks
    Reviews

I eat the Mac it is so yummy!!

I haven't seen the mountain bread I am waiting for my info pack to help shop.

I really enjoy the cereals! And have found wheat free oats and GF

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello, I am a Coeliac and by default my daughter too. She likes to share food too much and on my plate.

The best wraps I have come across are very yummy and bendy! Old Time Gluten Free Wraps, I buy them from Safeway and the Vic Market if u r in Melbourne.

For bread if you are in Melbourne the best ever is Black Ruby, they have a cafe in Nth Carlton and also sell their bread through various gluten free shops. I have not found a bread to rival it. The only other bread I like to make from a pack is the Simply wize crusty bread and I just buy that from the supermarket.

Eating out is not as fun for a toddler as most kiddie meals are not gluten free. I generally order the adult GF option and order a side of something else and share that.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Monnie24, where did you find gluten free oats?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was trying to think of the name of those wraps after I saw someone ask about them. They are my fave!

Also, no oats in Australia are classified gluten free. You can get 'wheat free' oats but as per the Coeliac Society because even though oats are a different protein strain a lot of coeliacs can't handle that protein and there isn't a specific test for that protein so therefore they deem them not GF because you will have a coeliac-like reaction.

Instead we have porridge with rice flakes, its actually quite yummy still and a decent substitute. You make it the same way as regular porridge on the stove.

Thanks
    Reviews

Well I found the GF oats by planet organic. at my local food land. Most research I have done is upto personal choice on oats and once your stomach is healed then try them. I feel fine eating them compared too say when I eat normal toast etc.

Also freedom foods do the wheat free, mostly Coles/woolies.

In America (order online) bobs mill I think or red mills sorry cant remember but lots of health food shops sell them have the oats too a lady recommended them to me at a health food shop.