+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm always wary of statements around crying, stress etc... surely we are more resilient, we cry as adults, we cry as children and babies, crying in itself is not a bad thing, it's natural to cry. As the research says, many babies cry for longer waiting in traffic in their parents cars.
    I also agree with Wise Enough, you must do what is best for yourself and your family. Having months of broken sleep was damaging for me and my family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Control crying 'no risk to babies' 'better for mothers mental health' says new melbou

Just all that to say that while controlled crying or comforting or whatever didn't work for me, I gave it a go.. and some people will think you are a crap mum no matter what. I now sleep on a mattress with dd in another room..there are people who think I'm crap for that.. whatever. Nobody knows you or your family and situation like you do. A lot of mums use controlled crying because they really need some sleep.. it shouldnt be a choice where its like "hmm do I want to get some sleep or do I want to be a good mum?" But unfortunately for many of us we have felt like those were our two choices.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Control crying

Still not willing to leave my baby to cry, i don't like to sleep alone and if i go to bed upset i know i can not sleep well

I imagine my ds is the same

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    Still not willing to leave my baby to cry, i don't like to sleep alone and if i go to bed upset i know i can not sleep well

I imagine my ds is the same

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub
    If the method of settling your baby works for you and your child, and you are happy with what you are doing, why change it? I wouldn't!

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    BubMum- you say she is waking 6-12 times a night....

My 4th son did that and I was sooooooooooooo exhausted. It's only just come to our attention that he has tonsils too large for his throat and they obstruct his breathing in his sleep, causing him to wake constantly.... from 3yrs on he would just go back to sleep/not really wake, just stir.... but I wonder if that was what caused his constant night waking.

Maybe see if you can get an ENT appointment for her. It's not regular to wake so often, 'something' is waking her. Just a thought based on my experience with Julian. Could be something completely different, but that's not even something we had considered until I had a restless night, and he was in our bed, and I was listening to him breathe/not breathe all night.