+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Text or Phone Call

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Omg dare u to text her to bring a salad!
    I'll go you one better and ask her to bring the salad and dessert.lol
    (by text of course.lol)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Mahjong  (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    I'll go you one better and ask her to bring the salad and dessert.lol
    (by text of course.lol)
    I'll bring the booze...think u r going to need it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    I'll bring the booze...think u r going to need it!
    If only drinking whilst pregnant wasn't frowned upon id make sure my glass was full all arvo.lol

I really did think i had the pick of MIL's until this week. A whole 3yrs without causing any trouble and then a double whammy in one week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer to text my MIL so she has time to think about it and it's also easier to say No in my opinion. There is more pressure when you call.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would bring it up with your MIL in front of your DH at the BBQ saying 'I heard you were a little upset that I texted instead of calling - I only texted as I knew you were busy at golf and didn't want to put you on the spot with a phone call if you weren't able to help us out'

It will most likely make them both squirm!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    If only drinking whilst pregnant wasn't frowned upon id make sure my glass was full all arvo.lol

I really did think i had the pick of MIL's until this week. A whole 3yrs without causing any trouble and then a double whammy in one week.
    Oh damn...now that would give her reason to be ****ty! I think u should just casually mention to her that you didn't mean to upset her with a text and that u didn't want to disrupt her game. Tell her it caused a fight with u and DH. Tell her u thought u two were closer than that. Tell her next time she is upset with u to come to u. If she is normally a decent woman then it should make u closer.

P.s I hate when my husband doesn't stick up for me! I get so mad about it! He should have told his mum to take it up with you herself or keep it to herself. IMO!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I would bring it up with your MIL in front of your DH at the BBQ saying 'I heard you were a little upset that I texted instead of calling - I only texted as I knew you were busy at golf and didn't want to put you on the spot with a phone call if you weren't able to help us out'

Love it awesome idea.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post

That is WAY too polite! Let's not be shy! Say it how it is - stuff 'em!

"Oh, my cry-baby mommy's boy husband told me that you cried and complained like a little bish because I asked you via a text message whether you would mind looking after YOUR GRANDCHILD! I'm terribly sorry, I didn't realise that it would be so offensive to you. Never fear, it won't happen again, you old cow."

Or some other words to that effect. You know, keep it diplomatic etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    That is WAY too polite! Let's not be shy! Say it how it is - stuff 'em!

"Oh, my cry-baby mommy's boy husband told me that you cried and complained like a little bish because I asked you via a text message whether you would mind looking after YOUR GRANDCHILD! I'm terribly sorry, I didn't realise that it would be so offensive to you. Never fear, it won't happen again, you old cow."

Or some other words to that effect. You know, keep it diplomatic etc.

Oh that would have to be done on camera! I often daydream about saying stuff of that nature to my MIL... One day... One day I just might!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the replies but I txt my mum and MIL all the time and I have asked for babysitting via txt. I personally don't think its rude, my Mum and MIL txt me too asking for things.
    I think if she has a problem with it then she needs to tell you, and if she doesn't tell you directly then don't worry about it.